Well, spring semester classes start in 5 Days, 12 Hours, 14 minutes, and 38 seconds (but who’s counting). Here are just a handful of the things you have to look forward to next week:
- Weekly Podcasts (now available on ITunes): By request, a new episode of our podcast, Psychology and Stuff, will drop every Thursday afternoon. Our first guests, Dr. Kate Burns and Allee Schramm, will talk about Stereotype Threat, other research they’ve done, and more.
- Featured Students/Alumni: Each Monday, we’ll feature one of our students or alum on the blog so you can get to know a little bit about what they’ve done, what their plans are, and what they hope to accomplish before they graduate. First up, recent UWGB Psychology Rock Star Winner, Sarah Busko.
- Upcoming talk, Intersecting HEARTS: Health, Emotions And RelaTionShips: On February 11th at 5pm in the Alumni Rooms, the Psychology and Human Development Club is sponsoring a talk by Dr. Reed, a post-doctoral scholar in Psychology at the University of Kentucky. She will be talking about how human health – both psychological and physical – is intricately linked to our close relationships.
- The PSI Talks Videos: Remember those incredible talks from UWGB Psychology students and alumni last semester? Well, we’ve got the videos and we’ll be releasing them off and on throughout the semester. First up, Allie Nelson, and her fascinating talk on social media.
- Even More From the Student Orgs: Keep an eye out for even more great programming from the Psychology and Human Development Club and Psi Chi. Fun events, volunteer opportunities, presentations, and more on the way. Stay up to date with them by downloading the app via iTunes or Google Play.