Busko

1. When will you graduate? May 2016
  2. What are your career plans? My plans are to go off to graduate school in forensic psychology and eventually get a job in the court system or be a therapist for juvenile offenders.
  3. Why did you major in psychology? I majored in psychology because I saw my family members struggle with undiagnosed mental illnesses. Additionally, I lost a family member to suicide which impacted my life and I became interested in therapy. Then I took a psychology course in high school and I was hooked!
  4. What do you do for fun? For fun I enjoy reading and volunteering.
  5. What academic experience or accomplishment are you most proud of? I am most proud of presenting my research on survivors of suicide in the PSI Talks. I hope that my talk really informed people and made a difference in our community. This experience was huge for me personally to talk in front of that many people and it made me more confident in my speaking abilities.
  6. What’s your favorite movie, book, and TV show related to psychology? My favorite movie related to psychology is One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest. As far as books go my favorite would have to be Unbearable Lightness. My favorite TV show related to psychology hands down is Dexter!
  7. What single thing do you hope to accomplish at UWGB before graduating? Before I graduate I hope to expand Habitat for Humanity which is a student org that I have been involved in since I was a freshman. I would like to make international build trips more available to GB students. I went on one and it was an amazing and life changing experience so I wish more students had that opportunity.
  8. What else do you want people to know about you? I would like people to know that I had a great four years at Green Bay and have really enjoyed everything about being a psychology major. For me getting involved in my major early made all the difference as it allowed me to make great relationships with professors.