1) When are you graduating? I will be graduating Spring of 2020.
2) What are your career plans? Over the last couple years my career plans have been changing quite a bit. As of right now I hope to work with survivors of sex trafficking, sexual assault, and domestic violence. Right now I am working with the program Ey Heart World and that has been one of the most amazing experiences I have had. Therefore, I hope to continue working programs like this one. One day I hope to get a masters in counseling or social work to hopefully be able to go further with helping people in those situations.
3) Why did you major in psychology? I majored in psychology because I had the hopes of becoming a counselor for children and psychology really fascinates me. I still would like to work with children, but I have learned a lot more over the years of what I can do with my psychology degree someday.
4) What do you do for fun? For fun I like to hang out with my friends and family. I am really close with both my friends and my family. I love going out on the trails around campus and just being out in nature. I also enjoy reading, drawing, and binge watching shows. I am always up for a movie marathon.
5) What academic experience or accomplishment are you most proud of? I am most proud of the internships I have had the opportunity to be a part of in the last two years at UWGB. My internships have been a number of different areas that I could incorporate psychology from working on the podcast, being a peer mentor for the GPS program, working in the Psychology Student Success Center, and working with the program Eye Heart World. All have been amazing experiences and I cannot wait to see what else I will be able to do in the next year and a half.
6) What is your favorite movie, book, and TV show related to psychology?
The first show that comes to mind is Lie to Me. I have only recently started watching it, but the way it depicts micro-expression is so fascinating to me.
7) What single thing do you hope to accomplish at UWGB before graduating?
I would love to hopefully do an independent study or an honors project before I graduate.
8) What else do you want people to know about you?
I have had the opportunity to be one of the PSI Talk speakers this year and I will be speaking about my internship with Eye Heart World. I am so honored, excited, and nervous to be one of the speakers. I am looking forward to sharing this amazing internship with the audience at the event.