The resources below are free for use and/or modification as you build your syllabi.

Disability Services

For more information see:

UW-Green Bay Policy on Individuals with Disabilities

If you need accommodations due to a disability, you must provide appropriate documentation to the Disability Services Office (Student Services Building, Room 1700, 920-465-2841 or email Accommodation Request form completed by DS office will be delivered by you to me to discuss and implement reasonable accommodations. It is important that you do this early in the term as some accommodations can take several weeks to arrange.

Sample 1

In accordance to UW-Green Bay policy, if you have a disability and need academic accommodations, please contact the Disability Services Office (465-2841, or Student Services Building Room1700) as soon as possible as some accommodations may take a several weeks to arrange. Once you are eligible for accommodations, you will need to contact me to discuss how accommodations will be implemented. To maintain the confidentiality of your request, please do not approach me before or after class to discuss your accommodation needs.

Sample 2

Consistent with federal laws and the policies of the University of Wisconsin, it is the policy of UW-Green Bay to provide appropriate and necessary accommodations to students with documented disabilities. If you are require any accommodations, please contact the Disability Services Coordinator at 465-2841 as soon as possible to discuss what accommodations you need to have equal access. It is important that you do this early in the term as some accommodations can take several weeks to arrange. If you want additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Bereavement Policy

For more information see:

Student Bereavement Policy

Upon approval from the Dean of Students, students who experience the death of a loved one are allowed one week, commencing from the day of notification to the Dean of Students, of excused absence. Students may also take a Bereavement Leave of Absence for the semester in which the death occurs. Permission to do so will occur upon consultation with the Dean of Students.

Academic Misconduct

UWS 14.03-14.04

UWS 14.03Academic misconduct subject to disciplinary action.

(1) Academic misconduct is an act in which a student:
(a) Seeks to claim credit for the work or efforts of another without authorization or citation;
(b) Uses unauthorized materials or fabricated data in any academic exercise;
(c) Forges or falsifies academic documents or records;
(d) Intentionally impedes or damages the academic work of others;
(e) Engages in conduct aimed at making false representation of a student’s academic performance; or
(f) Assists other students in any of these acts.

(2) Examples of academic misconduct include, but are not limited to: cheating on an examination; collaborating with others in work to be presented, contrary to the stated rules of the course; submitting a paper or assignment as one’s own work when a part or all of the paper or assignment is the work of another; submitting a paper or assignment that contains ideas or research of others without appropriately identifying the sources of those ideas; stealing examinations or course materials; submitting, if contrary to the rules of a course, work previously presented in another course; tampering with the laboratory experiment or computer program of another student; knowingly and intentionally assisting another student in any of the above, including assistance in an arrangement whereby any work, classroom performance, examination or other activity is submitted or performed by a person other than the student under whose name the work is submitted or performed.

History: Cr. Register, February, 1989, No. 398, eff. 3-1-89.

UWS 14.04Disciplinary sanctions.

(1) The following are the disciplinary sanctions that may be imposed for academic misconduct in accordance with the procedures of s. UWS 14.05, 14.06 or 14.07:
(a) An oral reprimand;
(b) A written reprimand presented only to the student;
(c) An assignment to repeat the work, to be graded on its merits;
(d) A lower or failing grade on the particular assignment or test;
(e) A lower grade in the course;
(f) A failing grade in the course;
(g) Removal of the student from the course in progress;
(h) A written reprimand to be included in the student’s disciplinary file;
(i) Disciplinary probation; or
(j) Suspension or expulsion from the university.

UWS 14.04(2) (2) One or more of the disciplinary sanctions listed in sub. (1) may be imposed for an incident of academic misconduct.

History: Cr. Register, February, 1989, No. 398, eff. 3-1-89.

Other Policies to Consider

Veteran’s Services


Active Duty Absence / Withdrawal (Dropping all courses after the term begins)

Students that are activated for the military may request a complete withdrawal. Individual (not unit) orders are needed if you withdraw during a semester. These orders need to be given to the following offices: Registrar, Bursar, Financial Aid and Residence Life (if applicable).

  • Tuition and Fees-Activated students should be given the opportunity to earn his/her grade or a full refund of tuition should be made.
  • Room and Board-Activated students should be given a refund for the unused portions of room and board contracts.
  • Financial Aid-For students receiving financial aid at the time of their withdrawal, please be aware that the financial aid office is required by federal regulation to calculate the amount of aid (if any) that must be returned. This applies to any student that withdraws and there is not an exception for military deployment. Depending on the amount of aid received and the date of withdrawal in that semester, you may have to repay a percentage of aid to the appropriate aid programs.

Classes While Activated

If you are interested in doing an independent study during the time you are gone, we encourage you to work out the details with your instructor and fill out the independent study form before you leave. Please contact Elaina Koltz in the Financial Aid Office if you plan to take a class while activated. We want to make this process as easy as possible.

Miscellaneous Reminders

  • Email Account-Please contact the Help Desk at to extend the activation of your UWGB email account.
  • Parking Decal Refund-If withdrawn within the first 4 weeks, you may be eligible for a parking refund. Take decal to the parking office to complete a form. Refunds will be mailed.
  • Library Books-Return any library books, media services equipment, etc.
  • Dining Points-Remaining balance of dining points and pass points are refundable less a $25 dollar administration fee. Online request submission:


When you return to UW-Green Bay, you need to fill out the application for readmission at – click apply now. This is to update your account. Also, the admissions office will need an official transcript for any classes you may have taken at another institution while activated.

Federal student loan and additional financial aid information

The federal government provides options for servicemen and women who are being deployed for active duty and who have student loans. As a deployed service member, you may be eligible to delay or temporarily suspend making loan payments to reduce the burden on you and your family. In general, service members will fall into one of three categories:

  • Those currently enrolled in school, have taken out student loans, and are being called to active duty.
  • Those within the grace period of their student loans, have yet to make a first payment, and are being called to active duty.
  • Those currently making payments on student loans and are being called to active duty.

The key for you is to contact the lender or the agency that services your student loans to see if you are eligible for the delayed or suspended repayment benefit. For many students that servicer will be Great Lakes Higher Education Corporation (GLHEC). GLHEC has an on-line resource that any service member can refer to regarding options available to them. You can find that resource at . Although the information is available to anyone at this site, you still must contact your lender or loan holder (if it is not GLHEC) so it can be finalized.

Other financial aid information:

The financial aid application is an annual process and you can file your aid application in advance of your readmission to the University. You can file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online by going to and completing the form for the aid year for which you plan to return.

The Learning Center

TLC offers FREE academic support in a variety of undergraduate subjects each semester. Courses affiliated with mentoring vary each semester during the spring and fall semesters. One-on-one sessions, drop-in hours and study groups are held by academic mentors that are subject area experts who have successfully completed the course, usually with the same professor. They are able to answer questions, review course material, assist with preparing for exams, guide discussion and provide tips on study strategies in the content area.

Phoenix Emergency Grant Program

More information:

Do you need help dealing with an unexpected financial challenge?

Do you have:

  • An unexpected car repair?
  • A job loss that is making it difficult to pay your rent or other bills?
  • An unexpected medical or child care expense?
  • Another type of financial emergency?

Then you may be eligible to apply for a Phoenix Emergency Grant.

For many students, a single unexpected expense can put their college goals in jeopardy. Last year alone, over 43% of first year students reported facing financial challenges that significantly impacted their ability to be successful in college.

To help students weather these financial emergencies, UWGB has created an Emergency Grant Program.

The UWGB Emergency Grant Program can provide undergraduates with a one-time grant of up to $1,000 to pay for unanticipated financial expenses that could otherwise interfere with students’ ability to stay in college and complete their degree.

Campus Cupboard

The Campus Cupboard is a student organization run by students, with the mission of providing an on-campus food pantry, clothing closet, and cleaning/personal hygiene products to ensure adequate basic needs are met of all students, faculty, and staff.  The Campus Cupboard and Clothes Closet are located in the new ‘CK One’ space in Rose Hall 140 (in the corridor section between Wood and Rose Halls).
How to access the Cupboard

Students, staff, and faculty may use their university ID’s to access CK One, using a card swipe, between the hours of 7:00am and 9:00pm.
Contact advisor Dana Johnson by phone at 920-465-2346 or if you have questions or technical difficulties in entering the space.