An aerial view of the UW-Green Bay main campus.

A Day in the Life of UW-Green Bay student Meghan Finger

Meghan Finger has always been a well-rounded and ultra-involved student. She took AP classes in high school, played piano at her church for years and worked at a local nursing home as a receptionist. It’s no surprise then that nothing changed when she started college.

Meghan jumpstarted her college career with enough high school AP credits to put her just one year removed from her Associate of Arts and Science. She started college just 20 minutes down the road from her hometown at UW-Green Bay’s Marinette campus. “I really enjoyed the smooth transition from high school to college. It was close to home, less expensive and I still got to meet people from other places, even from other countries,” Finger said.

Just one short year later, Meghan received her associate’s degree and continued towards her bachelor’s degree at the Green Bay campus. Tenacious as ever, she decided on a Communication major with a double emphasis in Public Relations and Health Communications (phew!). “I had always liked UW-Green Bay and knew that the communications department was great,” Meghan said, “I loved that I could continue directly to UWGB without any extra applications or hassle.”

It didn’t take long for Meghan to integrate herself into the Phoenix family and become a campus leader. To fit everything into her day, she wakes up at 8:00 a.m. – nice and early for a college student! After her two or three classes (depending on the day) Finger works one of two campus jobs; tech support at the IT Help Desk or with Student Services as one of our ambassadors. She joined the local chapter of the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) to help further her future career. Somehow, Meghan still occasionally finds time to play piano during a local Sunday night mass service.

As for her time so far at UW-Green Bay, Finger has nothing but great things to say: “I have loved my time at UWGB. I like all of my classes and everyone in them. The campus is just big enough and a diverse student body. At Green Bay, I have met some of my closest friends and have done so many fun things on campus and in the city of Green Bay.” When asked to name her favorite UW-Green Bay memory so far, Meghan couldn’t – “It’s too hard to pick just one!”

We can’t wait to welcome you to campus so you can start your Phoenix story. In the meantime, please send us your questions, comments, and concerns. Your future is waiting.

Meghan Finger is a junior from Peshtigo, Wisconsin. After completing an associate’s degree in one year at the Marinette campus, she started pursuing a Bachelor of Science at UW-Green Bay.  Finger plans to graduate in the Spring of 2021 – a full year ahead of schedule.