The Driftwood #35: Podcast Picks

April 26th, 2023

Sports Podcasts

Why watch sports when you can listen to them? Go! My Favorite Sports TeamGo podcast imageUsually, one might assume that watching a sport would be more interesting than listening to people talk about one, but this podcast might surprise you. Go! My Favorite Sports Team is hosted by Mark Fischbach and Tyler Scheid. Mark is a YouTube influencer who also goes by the alias Markiplier while Tyler, who is a close friend of his, has a master’s degree in sports administration. In this podcast, Tyler explains and discusses different types and aspects of sports to Mark, who is someone who practically knows nothing about them. Not only is this show educational, but it is also absolutely hilarious as Mark tries to understand and interpret the information that is given to him. The two have great chemistry with each other and make something boring such as sports rules and technicalities into something funny and engaging. The podcast can be crude at times, which might cause some to turn away, but for me, it doesn’t ruin my enjoyment of the show. As someone who isn’t very interested in sports, I find it very enjoyable with the added bonus of actually learning about sports. It’s a show that has something for everyone.

—Emma Krueger, Podcast Editor