An Invitation from Chancellor Gary Miller

UW-Green Bay Chancellor Gary L. Miller released the following statement via e-mail to UW-Green Bay Students on Monday, November 3, 2014:

Greetings!

My wife, Georgia, and I would like to extend an invitation for you to join us on the afternoon of Friday, Nov. 14 for a ceremony and public reception at the Weidner Center.

The occasion is my official welcome as new chancellor. The event will gather us together as a campus community to celebrate the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, its rich history and far-reaching influence. We’ll also celebrate higher education tradition with pomp, circumstance and the practice of taking stock and looking ahead at a time of leadership transition. We’ll top it all off with complimentary refreshments.

The 2 p.m. installation ceremony will feature the participation of a number of students, with music by the UW-Green Bay Chorale and the Wind Ensemble, remarks by SGA President Vanya Koepke, and assistance from the Student Ambassadors. Georgia and I hope that many more students, and student organizations, will be in attendance to share the experience and meet afterward.

It’s a special occasion and rare-enough occurrence that I think you’ll find it interesting. UW-Green Bay has had a grand total of only five previous chancellors in its nearly 50-year history. I look forward to seeing many of you in the audience and at the reception.

If you’re interested in attending or learning more, please visit the event webpage at www.uwgb.edu/installation Thank you…and Go Phoenix!

Gary L. Miller
Chancellor