UW-Green Bay Chancellor Gary L. Miller released the following statement via e-mail to employees on Monday, November 3, 2014:
With this memo, I am establishing the University Planning and Innovation Council (UPIC) at UW-Green Bay. The UPIC will replace the University Budget Council and assume a broader array of planning responsibilities as outlined in my paper describing the new UPIC. Click here to view the paper.
Nominations for the UPIC were sent forward through the University Committee. The inaugural committee is:
- John Katers (Faculty; 4-year term)
- Susan Gallagher-Lepak (Faculty; 4-year term)
- Regan Gurung (Faculty; 2-year term)
- Christopher Martin (Faculty; 2-year term)
- Brent Blahnik (Academic Staff; 4-year term)
- Katrina Hrivnak (Academic Staff; 2-year term)
- Sousie Lee (University Staff; 4-year term)
- Tracy Van Erem (University Staff; 2-year term)
- Vanya Koepke (Student; 1-year term)
- Sue Mattison, Dean (1-year term)
- Athletics Director — Mary Ellen Gillespie
- Vice Chancellor — Kelly Franz
- Provost — Stephen Fritz
The UPIC will be chaired by Provost Stephen Fritz and CBO Kelly Franz. The group will begin its work this semester.
This new long-term, transparent university planning process will give us a platform for making the difficult choices we have before us.
Gary L. Miller