A day in the life of a UWGB student- written by Gina Durkee

It’s a gorgeous day, the sun is shining, and billowy white clouds are floating in the sky. Walking on my way to Mary Ann Cofrin Hall, I see two squirrels running to the nearest tree. Speaking of trees, there are certainly a lot of them. Taking a walk through campus almost feels like a day at the park; sprawling green grasses can be seen everywhere, and wildlife dashes before your eyes. The air smells like summer; crisp, fresh and inviting. However, I doubt anyone will find a Shoe Tree in any local park! The Shoe Tree is definitely unique to the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay.

Heading through the tunnel in Mary Ann Cofrin Hall, I see summer classes in session in many of the classrooms. Fellow students say hello as I walk past them on my way to the Cofrin Library. I smell the delicious aroma of Panini’s being made to order in the Garden Café. After taking a short elevator ride, I am on the 8th floor of the Cofrin Library. The view is AMAZING! I can see the gorgeous bay, AND Lambeau Field. I can see the Weidner Center, where people enjoy performances like River Dance and The Goo Goo Dolls. I can also see the Instructional Services building, which happens to be the only completely underground building on campus.

Now I decide I want to get a little workout in, so I head to the Kress Center. The friendly front desk attendants swipe my card and I’m ready to go! I walk into the fitness center. I could utilize the strength training equipment on the ground floor, or I could raise my heart rate upstairs on the cardio deck. Or, if I’m feeling adventurous, I could climb the climbing tower. After much thought, I think what I’d really like to do is go for a swim in the 96 foot long pool.

It’s been a busy day, so I think it’s time to head back to my residence hall apartment. I can’t wait to see my three roommates. We’re going to make dinner together in our full-sized kitchen, then watch a movie in the living room, popcorn mandatory. After that, my roommates and I are helping each other decorate our individual bedrooms; when it comes to decorating, four heads really can be better than one!

The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay has a ton of fun things to keep me busy. Between the reading at the library, seeing shows at the Weidner Center, working on my fitness at the Kress Center, taking fun classes, and a variety of other activities, I have to try really hard to be bored!