Parents of Housing Residents:
During this uncertain time and with the rapid spread of COVID-19, University leadership has encouraged students who live in on-campus housing to move home. We wanted to reach out to parents to encourage you to talk with your student about what their plans are pertaining to their housing situation. Below are a few things to that may be helpful during that conversation.
1) No student is required to move out of campus housing. We strongly encourage them to do so if they have the option to return home.
2) Any student can request to stay in housing and we will honor the request. We simply ask that students utilize the link to the “Request to Stay Form” that was included in the email sent on March 17 to make their intent known to staff.
3) If your student would like to move out of housing, but is unable to do so for themselves due to illness or other reasons there is a Designee form they can compete to identify who will be collecting their belongings. The link to the form is located in the e-mail sent earlier.
4) If they choose to move out of their university residence, they will need to follow the Express Check-out process on myResLink.
5) Students should check their mailbox and pick up any packages from the Mailroom in the Community Center before departing campus. Mailroom hours are listed in the e-mail they received.
6) Refunds and deposits will be processed as soon as possible. Students will be updated as soon as we know what the refund amount will be and the date of disbursement.
7) All official university communication, including housing updates, will be issued through your students’ UWGB e-mail account. Please encourage them to check it regularly. If there are updates about re-contracting, housing selection, summer housing, etc. it will be communicated through that e-mail account.
8) More information about COVID-19 can be found on the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website.
We want students to be safe and make sure they understand that we will support them in whatever choice works best for their housing needs.
If you have questions, contact the Office of Residence Life at 920-465-2040 or email@example.com.