It is graduation season, and leaders in all walks of life are commonly invited to share their life lessons at graduation ceremonies, inspiring future leaders of tomorrow. These leaders may include celebrities, entrepreneurs, political change-makers and more, all with stories and life lessons to share.
Here’s an article from Teen Vogue that collects some of the most famous, featuring:
- Steve Jobs: Standford, 2005
- Michelle Obama: Tuskagee University, 2015
- Natalie Portman: Harvard, 2015
- Amy Poehler: Harvard University, 2011
- Meryl Streep: Barnard College, 2010
- David Foster Wallace: Kenyon College, 2005
- Barack Obama: Howard University, 2016
- Kerry Washington, George Washington University, 2013
- Conan O’Brien: Dartmouth College, 2011
- J.K. Rowling, Harvard, 2008
- Oprah Winfrey: Harvard University, 2013
- Joss Whedon: Wesleyan University, 2013
- George Saunders: Syracuse University, 2013
- Nora Ephron: Wellesley College, 1996
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: Wellesley College, 2015
- Admiral William H. McRaven: University of Texas at Austin, 2014
Take a page out of these leaders’ stories. Our Supervisory Leadership Certificate Program includes a diverse course curriculum that will enable you to evolve as a leader and make a difference. The program includes a core course “Develop Yourself and Others” but also covers other critical topics like “Coaching for Performance,” “Change Management,” “Supervision and Human Resource Functions,” “Interpersonal Communication,” “Helping Your Team Achieve Optimal Organizational Management,” along with a Capstone Course that integrates all the learning and knowledge. Now enrolling for the fall session, starting in August.
Teen Vogue, “16 Best Graduation Speeches That Leave a Lasting Impression, Kristi Kellogg and Noor Brara, April 17, 2020.