Get in on the creative end of the Phoenix PRIDE Shirt tradition. You don’t have to be a graphics or art major. Have an idea? We want to hear about it. Each year, we create a collectible, limited edition T-shirt that reflects UWGB spirit. Proceeds SUPPORT student scholarships. The design is selected by electronic vote in October and the winning designer receives a $100 gift card to a location of his or her choice, two tickets to Rock the Resch, and of course…being known as the awesome 5th Edition Phoenix PRIDE Shirt Designer!
There are very few design restrictions:
-One color, front- or back-only design
-Include a reference to UWGB/UW-Green Bay
-Design should be relatable to UWGB alumni
-Submit artwork in a pdf file format by September 15 to email@example.com
An official logo is not required in the design, but can be requested by contacting Sue Bodilly, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions:
- Contest is open to UWGB alumni, students and employees
- By submitting a design, the designer is allowing UW-Green Bay full use of the graphic for the purpose of the 5th Edition Phoenix PRIDE Shirt campaign. The t-shirt may be promoted in any way UW-Green Bay chooses (i.e. UWGB websites, mailings, social media, etc.).
- All T-shirt designs will be published on the alumni website and alumni social media sites for voting purposes.
- Voting will be open from October 1 – October 15.
- Voting will take place online via a link that will be announced in late September and at alumni events taking place during the voting period.
- The design receiving the most votes will be printed on shirts in the color of the designer’s choosing and will be sold in The Phoenix Bookstore. Phoenix PRIDE t-shirts will go on sale November 1.
The UWGB Alumni Association is pleased to sponsor a special $4,000 scholarship ($1,000 for four years) to UW-Green Bay. To be eligible for the scholarship drawing students must:
- Attend a designated public UW-Green Bay event (including but not limited to Green Bay Farmer’s Market, Fridays on the Fox, My Education My Way, Application events, college fairs, etc.) and complete a UW-Green Bay interest card while at the event.
- Schedule and attend a campus tour before April 15, 2018. To register for your visit, go to www.uwgb.edu/visit.
We hope to see you at our next event. Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter to find out about upcoming public events.
Learn more about the official sweepstakes rules.
Your help is needed! Please consider volunteering for one of the following opportunities:
- Bellin Women’s Half Marathon Water Station: Looking for alumni to volunteer at our water station Saturday, October 7. This is a volunteer opportunity you do not want to miss! It is so much fun! Volunteers typically start at 7:45 a.m. and are done by 11 a.m. To sign up to volunteer, click here and select #6 under the Water Stations section.
- Freshman Move-In Day: Looking for alumni volunteers to assist our new students as they move to campus on Thursday, August 31 from 8 a.m. to noon. Phoenix families have always been appreciative and relieved to arrive on campus to find conveniently located information tables, volunteers directing traffic and others awaiting to help tote boxes and bags into the buildings. To volunteer, click here and enter your preferred email address in the campus email field and enter “alumni office” in the campus mailing address field.
- Wisconsin Education Fair: Seeking volunteers to recruit for UWGB at Wisconsin Education Fairs September 25-29 in the Madison-Milwaukee areas. For more information click here. If interested in volunteering, please email Director of Alumni Relations Kari Moody at email@example.com by Friday, September 8.
Green Bay basketball season tickets are now on sale for the 2017-18 campaign starting at only $128 per ticket. Fans can purchase season ticket packages online at GreenBayPhoenix.com, by phone at 920-465-2625 or in person at the Green Bay Ticket Office during normal business hours (M-F, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.).
Stop in at The Phoenix Bookstore to stock up on the latest Phoenix gear. Remember to use your alumni discount to receive 10% off apparel and gift items and use your Alumni ID Card to earn Phlash Rewards Points. If you don’t want to leave the house and still want to shop, visit www.THEphoenixbookstore.com and enter the promo code ALUMNI.
Summer hours are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Come check out Shorewood’s new driving range and redesigned course! The new range is set up between former holes #1 and #9. Those two holes essentially remain as they were but with the tee boxes moved. A small bucket (45 balls) is $5 and a large bucket (75 balls) costs $8 and there will also be a pre-round “mini-bag” of about 15 balls available. Check out the changes and let us know what you think! To make a tee time, call 920-465-2118 or visit firstname.lastname@example.org to book online. You can also reach Shorewood via email at email@example.com.
More than 400 alumni are already enjoying the rewards of the Alumni ID Card. You should too! This lifetime card costs just $10 and allows you to take advantage of benefits throughout campus including on-campus discounts and special promotions from The Phoenix Bookstore, Green Bay Athletics, the Weidner Center, Marcus Cinema East, and more! Just last week Alumni ID Card holders were offered $10 off tickets to see Pippin’ at the Weidner Center! To learn more about the benefits of the card or to order, visit Alumni ID Card.