On Tuesday, April 17, the Green Bay Athletics Department and the Green Bay Packers will again team up to hold the 12th annual Phoenix-Packers Steak Fry at the Lambeau Field Atrium.
This is a joint venture between Green Bay’s most legendary teams, the Green Bay Phoenix and the Green Bay Packers, with all proceeds benefiting Green Bay student-athlete scholarship fund. Over the past 11 years, the proceeds from this event have yielded nearly $600,000 in support of student-athlete scholarships.
Individual tickets are $100/person and must be purchased in advance. Doors open at 5 p.m. and there will be a social hour and open bar followed by an all-you-can-eat steak dinner at 6 p.m. The evening will conclude with a program at 6:45 p.m. and a live auction that begins at 7 p.m.
The live auction will feature a number of trips and packages, highlighted by getaway trips to the men’s basketball team’s games at Virginia and Wisconsin, a Green Bay Packers gameday package and an exclusive dinner for a guest and friends at head men’s basketball coach Brian Wardle’s house.
The silent auction items include: Green Bay Packers’ memorabilia and autographed items, Green Bay basketball gameday packages and state-of-the-art electronics, tailgate items and more.
To order tickets or to find out more information, call Jeanne Stangel, Associate Athletics Director/Phoenix Fund Director, at (920) 465-2053 or visit GreenBayPhoenix.com.
This award recognizes University of Wisconsin-Green Bay graduates who have distinguished themselves in their professional field and are widely recognized for their career accomplishments in the areas of sustainability, environmental management, environmental policy, or other closely related areas.
Contact the EMBI Associate Director:
John Arendt at 920-465-2278 or email@example.com
Do you work in sales? Are you looking for ways to find leads and new business?
The UW-Green Bay Alumni Business Group (a.k.a. PHANS) is just the answer!
Formed by UW-Green Bay alumni, the Alumni Business Group is a group of sales professionals and business owners from different business fields who bring leads and new business opportunities to each other. Meetings take place two times each month.
If interested in learning more, please contact Dan Walter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On Thursday, April 18 more than 50 UWGB alumni employed at Integrys Energy and it’s subsidiaries attended a business reception with UWGB faculty and staff. The event started with a social allowing alumni to mingle and connect with each other along with University leadership and faculty.
Donna Sheedy, UWGB Alumni Association President and Integrys employee welcomed the group and introduced Integrys management in attendance. Several individuals from the Integrys management team spoke to the group. Director of Alumni Relations, Kari Moody updated the group on upcoming alumni events, benefits and UWGB’s new brand. Chancellor Tom Harden spoke about the many successes UWGB has celebrated over the past year. Finally, Integrys CEO, Charlie Schrock discussed the strong partnership between UWGB and Integrys.
Visit our Facebook page at UWGB Alums to see more photos from the reception. It was a great alumni event and will be replicated next for Humana employees.
We thought you might want to know some of the exciting things your Alumni Association Board accomplished in 2012. The alumni who serve on your board share a substantial amount of time and talent to move initiatives forward. They are doing a great job on your behalf. Here are some highlights of 2012:
- $6,000 in scholarships were awarded to very deserving students. The awards committee selects two Annual Scholarship recipients, a Legacy Scholarship recipient and an Outstanding Student Award recipient in December and May. Much work goes into reviewing applications, interviewing students and awarding the students.
- Annual Alumni Awards—The awards committee hosted another successful Annual Alumni Awards event which recognizes Outstanding Recent Alumni as well as Distinguished Alumni.
- The board recruitment process was restructured. The board development committee put a very organized and strategic process in place to ensure the board is diverse and represents all of our alumni. This change will benefit all of us!
- Alumni Golf Outing—The fundraising committee hosted a successful golf outing and is working to take it up a notch again this year. See photos of the 2012 Alumni Scholarship Golf Outing.
- Commencement Reception—The board hosted a well attended Commencement reception in spring and welcomed new graduates in December. After the December Commencement Ceremony, graduates were congratulated and welcomed to the Alumni Association by a large group of alumni. It was a great way to meet our newest alumni.
- Volunteer Events—The board coordinated several volunteer events benefiting the community. Our alumni were fantastic bell ringers, Cellcom Marathon water station volunteers and Festival Foods food drive volunteers.
- Hoops Receptions—Your board hosted basketball receptions for both men’s and women’s basketball here in Green Bay and in Milwaukee.
- Backyard Bash—Your board welcomed students to campus at the Backyard Bash by serving up great food for over 500 students!
Save the date for the 2013 Alumni Scholarship Golf Outing! Let this be the great excuse you need to get out of the office to swing your clubs for a great cause…scholarships for deserving students attending UW-Green Bay! This event is hosted by your Alumni Association and its purpose is to raise funds for the scholarships the Association awards each year. So get a group of friends together and join us! If interested in more information on registration or sponsorship opportunities, please contact the Alumni Relations Office at email@example.com or 920-465-2226.
Date: Friday, June 7, 2013
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Location: Royal Scot golf course in New Franken
Your Alumni Association Board is also looking for volunteers to help plan and coordinate this year’s golf outing. If you’re looking for a way to reconnect and give back to your alma mater, this is a great opportunity! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-465-2226 to volunteer.
Since September, the Alumni Relations office has been spotlighting an alum every week on our Facebook page. This has given all of us a great opportunity to get to know our fellow alumni. We are a very impressive group of grads and we’re working in so many fields, doing great things at work and in our communities.
We have been selecting alumni to spotlight on a random basis and would love to build a list of alumni who want to tell the world how their UWGB experience shaped their careers. We work hard to feature alumni from many walks of life and career fields so you will notice the posts may feature a female teacher from the class of ’78 one week and then a male lawyer from ’03 and so on. If interested in being in our “Alumni Spotlight,” please complete the following questions and send a picture to Alumni Relations at email@example.com.
Name and Grad Year:
Something we don’t know about you:
Ways to connect with you:
Then keep an eye on our Facebook page each Thursday for the weekly post. Hope to see you there!