In early October 2018, the UW-Green Bay Alumni Association will present the annual Distinguished Alumni Awards and the Outstanding Recent Alumni Awards. These awards recognize the professional accomplishments of UW-Green Bay Alumni.
The Distinguished Alumni Award recognizes graduates who have distinguished themselves in their professional field and are widely recognized for their career accomplishments. Civic and/or humanitarian activities for the benefit of others is also taken into consideration. If you know of a UW-Green Bay alumnus who meets the award’s criteria, please visit www.uwgb.edu/alumni and complete the online nomination form by Jan. 31 so he or she can be considered for a 2018 award.
The Outstanding Recent Alumni Award recognizes those who have graduated from a UW-Green Bay undergraduate or graduate program within the past 15 years. Selection is based on professional accomplishments and future potential in their selected field of study and/or contributions to their community through civic or humanitarian involvement or both. To nominate a UWGB alumni for this award, please visit www.uwgb.edu/alumni and complete the online nomination form by January 31, 2018.
Care to share your time and talents representing UW-Green Bay and our alumni? We currently have needs for the following events, boards and committees.
- Alumni Mentors: Have a meaningful impact on a new UW-Green Bay graduate by serving as a year-long mentor. We provide you guidance to mentor effectively. Interested mentors should have graduated on or before 2012 and/or have a deep understanding of their field. Email email@example.com by Dec. 8, if interested in serving as a mentor.
- Commencement Receiving Line: Congratulate and welcome our newest graduates to the Alumni Association by volunteering for the Commencement receiving line. It is easy and fun! Arrive at the Weidner Center by 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 16, claim your FREE Phoenix PRIDE Shirt and stand in line with fellow alums to cheer on UWGB’s fall 2017 graduating class. Email firstname.lastname@example.org by Dec. 13, if interested.
Join us at a Green Bay Bullfrogs Baseball Game
Friday, July 14, 2017
1450 E. Walnut Street
Green Bay, WI 54301
6:00 p.m. Alumni Tailgate
7:05 p.m. Green Bay Bullfrogs vs. Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
$16 Tailgate Tickets: includes all-you-can-eat and unlimited soda and water from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., as well as a stadium seat.
Register at Green Bay Bullfrogs by Friday, July 7, 2017.
Questions can be directed to Kari Moody, Director of Alumni Relations, at 920-465-2226 or sent via email to email@example.com.
Check out www.THEphoenixbookstore.com for your Phoenix Friday deals. Discounts are available in the store or use promo code “PHOENIXFRIDAY” online.
Yard Sale-April 18-19 from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. at The Phoenix Bookstore. Take an EXTRA 25% off all clearance items.
Remember to use your Alumni Discount – 10% off apparel and gift items – when you shop. Online promo code ALUMNI
Be on the lookout for your spring edition of the Inside magazine in late May!
Your help is needed! Please consider volunteering for one of the following opportunities:
- Cellcom Marathon: Looking for alumni to volunteer at our water station in the Green Bay Cellcom Marathon on Sunday, May 21. This is a volunteer opportunity you do not want to miss! It is so much fun! Volunteers typically start at 8:30 a.m. and are done by 11:30 a.m. To sign up to volunteer, visit Cellcom volunteer.
- Commencement Receiving Line: Congratulate and welcome our newest graduates to the Alumni Association by volunteering for the Commencement receiving line. It is easy and fun! Arrive at the Kress Events Center by 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, May 13, 2017, to claim your FREE Rock the Resch t-shirt and stand in line with fellow alums to cheer on UWGB’s spring 2017 graduating class. To volunteer, sign up at Commencement Receiving Line.Questions, contact Director of Alumni Relations Kari Moody at 920-465-226 or firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, May 10.
- Needed, volunteers to help with 37th Annual Scholarship Golf Outing, June 9: Last year we raised $23,000 for UWGB scholarships and this year we are working to increase that in our support of students. Check out our many volunteer opportunities here and help us support UW-Green Bay students.
Would you like to mentor a recent graduate? Consider signing up to be a mentor in our UW-Green Bay Alumni Mentor Program! Each mentor needs to commit to a one-year mentoring opportunity with a new UWGB graduate. Guidance on how to effectively mentor will be provided to mentors. Please email Kari Moody at email@example.com by May 12th if interested in participating.