A Year in Review . . .
We thought you might want to know some of the exciting things your Alumni Association Board accomplished in 2012. The alumni who serve on your board share a substantial amount of time and talent to move initiatives forward. They are doing a great job on your behalf. Here are some highlights of 2012:
- $6,000 in scholarships were awarded to very deserving students. The awards committee selects two Annual Scholarship recipients, a Legacy Scholarship recipient and an Outstanding Student Award recipient in December and May. Much work goes into reviewing applications, interviewing students and awarding the students.
- Annual Alumni Awards—The awards committee hosted another successful Annual Alumni Awards event which recognizes Outstanding Recent Alumni as well as Distinguished Alumni.
- The board recruitment process was restructured. The board development committee put a very organized and strategic process in place to ensure the board is diverse and represents all of our alumni. This change will benefit all of us!
- Alumni Golf Outing—The fundraising committee hosted a successful golf outing and is working to take it up a notch again this year. See photos of the 2012 Alumni Scholarship Golf Outing.
- Commencement Reception—The board hosted a well attended Commencement reception in spring and welcomed new graduates in December. After the December Commencement Ceremony, graduates were congratulated and welcomed to the Alumni Association by a large group of alumni. It was a great way to meet our newest alumni.
- Volunteer Events—The board coordinated several volunteer events benefiting the community. Our alumni were fantastic bell ringers, Cellcom Marathon water station volunteers and Festival Foods food drive volunteers.
- Hoops Receptions—Your board hosted basketball receptions for both men’s and women’s basketball here in Green Bay and in Milwaukee.
- Backyard Bash—Your board welcomed students to campus at the Backyard Bash by serving up great food for over 500 students!