Search@UW got a makeover over the last few months to connect you to the resources you rely on and make searching easier. Here are the top 10 things to know about the New Search@UW:
- Cleaner, more intuitive interface.
- Get help – Ask a Librarian button (lower right) – opens a chat with library staff during chat hours, and switches to Help Options when chat is not available.
- My Account – Information at-a-glance, live-tile style.
- New resource type graphics, and “multiple versions” graphic is animated.
- Pin to save the record to your list (instead of the star).
- Save your search button right above the results list (it’s a pin, too).
- Item details – no more tabs! Less clicking!
- Get it from other institutions – you can now see who else has the thing you want, but our system can pick the school it comes from (we have techno-magic that takes care of that).
- Advanced search – can add more lines for terms as you need them, and the options are more streamlined.
- Search history button (like a clock) – near the sign-in button, lets you repeat a recent search.
Have questions or concerns? Contact the Research Help Desk!