Did you graduate with a four year degree from UW-Green Bay and your son or daughter is a new freshman or transfer student for the 2018-2019 school year?
Each year, the Alumni Association awards a $2,000 scholarship for a new legacy freshman or transfer student. Starting in the 2018-2019 school year, the Alumni Association will also award 15 – $500 scholarships to this group of students. See the application criteria for specific details and how to apply.
Submit application and question responses to email@example.com no later than 4 pm on Thursday, June 21, 2018
Questions? Contact Alumni Relations at (920) 465-2226 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
It’s warming up and time to think about summer and golf! This year’s Scholarship Golf Outing is returning to the Brown County Golf Course. The day includes a putting contest, 18 holes of golf with power cart, lunch, raffle, hole events, hors d’oeuvres reception and more. Team play will use a four-person scramble format. Prizes will be awarded to the low gross team and handicap team.
Date: Friday, June 8, 2018
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Location: Brown County Golf Course
Cost/person: $125 if registered before May 25 and $135 after
Cost/foursome: $500 if registered before May 25 and $540 after
Save the date so you can join us or register today at https://uwgbscholarshipgolfouting18.eventbrite.com
For additional information, please contact Director of Alumni Relations Kari Moody at 920-465-2226 or email@example.com.
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay Foundation has informed Chancellor Gary L. Miller that it is releasing $720,700 in named endowed and annual scholarship funds which will be available to award students for the 2018-2019 academic year. This sum is four percent higher than a year ago. This total includes five new endowed scholarships. The UW-Green Bay Foundation currently administers 325 endowed and annual scholarship funds.
Increasing access to higher education at UW-Green Bay remains a top priority for the UW-Green Bay Foundation. Endowed scholarship funds grew by more than 17% in calendar year 2017, riding high on the tailwinds of the global investment environment. Growth in endowed funds results in larger scholarship awards in future years. The UW-Green Bay Foundation spending plan allows for the awarding of 4.5% of the asset balance for endowed scholarship funds.
Alumni and donors to the University consistently demonstrate through their giving that helping students through scholarship support is one their favorite charitable activities. Scholarships give students a motivational boost, letting them know others care about them and support their educational pursuits. Merit scholarships reward hard-working students with a track record of success. Need-based scholarships provide financial assistance to students demonstrating financial need.
To learn more about scholarships available to new and current students at UW-Green Bay, visit www.uwgb.edu/scholarships.
About the University Wisconsin Green Bay
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay is a comprehensive public institution offering undergraduate and graduate programs to 7,158 students. The University transforms lives and communities through exceptional and award-winning teaching and research, innovative learning opportunities and a problem-solving approach to education. For more information, visit www.uwgb.edu.
Your Alumni Association strives to provide scholarships to well deserving students at UW-Green Bay. With your contributions, the Association was able to provide scholarships for 15 deserving students this year. As students sent in thank you notes sharing their thanks and gratitude, we wanted to share them with you and thank you for helping us provide with these wonderful scholarships for UW-Green Bay students.
Click here to view some of the thank you notes and see the great impact your contributions are making!
Join UW-Green Bay police officers from 1-3 p.m., Sunday, March 1 at Ashwaubenon Bowl, 2929 Allied Lane, Green Bay. Registration starts at noon. All proceeds go to raise funds for the UW-Green Bay Public Safety scholarship. Raffle prizes will be available, including: two, four-day passes to Rock USA, an autographed Green Bay Packers football, hotel stay at Blue Harbor Resort, and MORE!
Cost is only $10 per person for two hours of unlimited bowling, including shoe rental and one raffle ticket. Pre-register by Feb. 20 and receive two free raffle tickets. In addition, 10% of all food sales will also be donated, so bring your appetite. Additional raffle tickets will be available at the event.
For more information, to donate, or to register, visit www.gbbowlingcops.eventbrite.com or call Police Chief Tom Kujawa at 465-2300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarships often provide students the opportunity to attend UW-Green Bay and eventually, realize their dreams. Thank you to our alumni who have created scholarships to support these dreams. Below is a list of alumni who have created scholarships at UW-Green Bay (listed in no particular order).
- John ’88, ’12 and Lucy ’87, ’90 Arendt – John D. and Lucy A. Arendt Travel Abroad Endowed Scholarship
- Dr. Kay M. Nelson ’78 – Kay and Jim Nelson Annual Scholarship
- Thomas Remondini ’87 – Sergeant Leo A. Remondini, Jr. Memorial Annual Scholarship
- Doug Landwehr ’02 and Nanette Nelson – Nanette M. Nelson and Douglas P. Landwehr Annual Scholarship
- Carol De Groot ’79 – Carol R. De Groot Endowed Scholarship in Environmental Science
- Wayne ’74 and Ginger Micksch – Micksch Family Scholarship
- Laura Hollingsworth ’89 – Laura Hollingsworth Scholarship in Communications
- Alison Walker ’89 – Alison Van Duyse Scholarship in Music
- Daniel Schulz ’05 and Casie Rindfleisch-Schulz ‘06 – Casie Rindfleisch-Schulz Scholarship in Psychology and Human Development, Daniel Schulz Scholarship in Accounting, Daniel Schulz Scholarship in Business
- Sherri Underwood ’06 – Ruby Wolverton, RN, Scholarship
- Katharine Olski ’77, ’79 – Katharine Olski Scholarship
- Mike and Kate ’76 Meeuwsen – Kate R. Meeuwsen Endowed Scholarship
- Mark King ’81 – Mark King Endowed Golf Scholarship
- Barth ’79 and Mary Jo ’81 Wolf – Barth and Mary Jo Wolf Family Endowed Scholarship
- Mike ’76 and Debi Jackson – Mike and Debi Jackson Endowed Scholarship
- Diane ’75 and Patrick ’90 Ford – Diane and Patrick Ford Family Scholarship
- Janet ’93 and Charlie Lieb – Janet & Charles Lieb Phuture Phoenix Scholarship
- Cecilia Hintz ’86 – Alvina Hintz Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Rick Chernick ’74 – UWGB Alumni Scholarship
- Joel Halverson ’77 – Veterans Scholarship
Save the date! Alumni and friends are invited to the 31st Annual Alumni Scholarship Golf Outing, Friday, June 10, Royal Scot Golf Course, New Franken.
• $85 per golfer/$340 per foursome.
• Tee and green sponsorships are available.
• Check-in begins at 8 a.m. with a shotgun start at 10 a.m.
Fees include 18-holes of golf, power cart, lunch, door prizes, hors d’oeuvres reception and more.
For more information and a registration form, contact the Alumni Office at 920-465-2586 or email@example.com.
To see photos from last year’s Golf Outing, click here.