Get in on the creative end of our new tradition — a collectible tee!
Each year, a limited edition T-shirt that reflects UWGB spirit will be created. Proceeds SUPPORT student scholarships.
The design choice will be by popular electronic vote in September and October, to be unveiled at Alumni Reunion Days.
The winning designer receives a $50 gift card from The Phoenix Bookstore, admittance for two at 2014 Alumni Reunion Days and a year of fame…being known as the awesome 2014 Alumni PRIDE T-shirt Designer!
There are very few design restrictions:
- One-color, front- or back-only design (you recommend shirt and print color)
- Include reunion year (2014)
- Include a reference to UWGB/UW-Green Bay
- Design should be relatable to UWGB alumni
- Submit artwork in a pdf file format by Sept. 1 to email@example.com
An official logo is not required in the design, but can be requested by contacting Sue Bodilly, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions:
- Contest is open to UWGB alumni, students and employees
- By submitting a design, the designer is allowing UW-Green Bay full use of the design for the purpose of the 2014 Alumni PRIDE t-shirt campaign. The t-shirt may be promoted in any way UW-Green Bay chooses (i.e. UWGB websites, mailings, social media, etc.).
- Of all t-shirt designs submitted, University Marketing will determine two designs to promote in the 2014 Alumni PRIDE T-shirt contest
- The two top t-shirt designs will be promoted on the Alumni Reunion Days invitation, on the alumni website at www.uwgb.edu/alumni, on the alumni Facebook page and on the alumni Twitter feed
- Voting will be open from September 3 – October 3, 2014
- Voting will take place online at a website that will be announced on September 3,2014 and in person at the Color Run on October 5, 2014.
For fans of Broadway shows, comedy, music icons and legends, family entertainment, celebrities and so much more the 2014/15 season will not disappoint.
The Weidner Center for the Performing Arts, located on the campus of UW – Green Bay, announced its new season June 25 during a special event for patrons, friends and the campus community.
“Last year’s expanded lineup of offerings included more of the vibrant, diverse programming our audiences want, and this season offers even more with 27 titles,” said Weidner Center Executive Director Kate Green. “Thanks to the input from our patrons and community members, we’ve developed another fantastic season of shows that we’re excited to share.”
A sampling of the 2014/2015 lineup includes:
- Dancing Pros: Live, Thursday, November 13
- The Magic of Bill Blagg Live!, Saturday, November 29
- Sister Act, Monday, December 15
- Jim Brickman On A Winter’s Night, Saturday, December 27
- I Love Lucy – Live on Stage, Thursday, January 15
- STOMP, January 27 – 28
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar & Other Eric Carle Favorites, Saturday, January 31, 2015
- Moscow City Ballet’s Swan Lake, Sunday, March 22
- The Best of The Second City, Thursday, April 16
- Say Goodnight Gracie, Saturday, May 16
For more information including the full season lineup and ticketing info, please visit www.WeidnerCenter.com.
Tickets are currently on sale via subscription. Patrons need simply to select three or more of the Performing Arts Season events listed above to qualify as a subscriber, buy before the general public, get the best seats and save up to 10 percent on their purchase. Subscription order forms reflect discounted prices. Orders of less than three events will be processed at full price August 1 when single tickets go on sale to the general public.
As part of the kickoff to Associated Bank’s Fridays on the Fox series, the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay is inviting all students, alumni, fans and supporters to attend Phoenix Friday on the Fox from 5-9 p.m. this Friday, June 27, on the CityDeck in downtown Green Bay.
Phoenix Friday on the Fox is co-sponsored by the UWGB’s Office of Admissions, the Alumni Association and Green Bay Phoenix Athletics. The event includes free admission and is open to everyone.
Sail banner will direct you to Phoenix Friday!
The fun night celebrating the University on the Fox River will include socializing, games and activities for kids and adults, live music from Piano Fondue (dueling pianos), an appearance by Phlash the Phoenix and much more.
Wear your favorite Phoenix gear for a chance to win two outdoor UWGB chairs and an outdoor UWGB table!
No RSVP is needed. If you have any questions, please contact Director of Alumni Relations Kari Moody at email@example.com or 920-465-2226.
With beautiful weather, a full outing (144 golfers), and a record $15,000 raised for scholarships, the 2014 UWGB Scholarship Golf Outing has been declared a major success. Organizers send their gratitude and Alumni Director Kari Moody reflects, “We have so much to be proud of.”
A special thank you to all of our sponsors including the title event sponsors Bellin Health and Heartland Business Systems/Microsoft, as well as golf outing committee members and day-of volunteers.
Ryan Chernick ‘00
Steve Dill, Chair ‘88
Paula Fleurant ‘86
Cheryl Paul ‘85
Tony Rappel ‘11
Jennifer Degener ‘03
Brooke Fitzgerald (UWGB student)
Tracy Heaser ‘05
Cyndy Huxford ‘04
Kimberly Klumb ‘05
Amanda Larson ‘07
Mary Rass ‘76
Kelly Selner ‘00
Donna Sheedy ‘94
Terry Spranger (UWGB student)
Cassandra Stanzel (UWGB student)
To see more photos of the great day, visit 2014 UWGB Scholarship Golf Outing.
It was a great time last year, so we’re doing it again! Join us for the Second Annual Alumni Reunion Days, Friday, October 24 and Saturday, October 25.
Watch for more on these Alumni Reunion Days Events
- Basketball scrimmage and “Fanfest” at the Kress Center
- UWGB Theatre performance
- Weidner Center shows
- University Archives display and so much more
To volunteer on the Alumni Reunion Days planning committee, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep an eye on the alumni website www.uwgb.edu/alumni for details.
The UW-Green Bay Alumni Association is pleased to announce the 2014-2015 Board of Directors.
2013-14 Alumni Association Board of Directors
Steve Maricque ’78, President
Paula Fleurant ’75 & ’86, Vice President
Cheryl Paul ’85, Vice President
Sarah Olson ’10, Secretary
Crystal Pollack ’05, Treasurer
Steve Dill ’88, At Large
Lisa Pritzl ’98, At LargeBoard of Directors
Chad Bianchi ‘12
Jennifer Degener ‘03
Ken Eggen ’00 & ‘08
Ben Elsner ‘05
Karen Faulkner ‘93
Nicole Hoffmann ‘99
Mark Klotzbuecher ‘09
Patrick Madden ‘71
Paul Nickel ‘92
Mike Powers ‘00
Dan Terrien ‘99
Matt Vanden Avond ‘01
Vanessa Vanderveren-Marin ‘86
Nate Vandervest ‘03
Jo Wiebel ’97 & ‘04
Paul Willems ‘75
The UW-Green Bay Alumni Association engages our alumni and friends to build lifelong relationships that advance the continuing success of the University.
You know you want one, so what are you waiting for? Order today! The Phoenix Alumni PRIDE t-shirt is a unique collectible, with a new design each year. This year 2013 alum Katie Van Straten designed the shirt. Proceeds from t-shirt sales support UW-Green Bay Alumni Association scholarships.
To show your Phoenix pride, and to contribute to the scholarship fund, order one today! T-shirts are available in adult sizes medium – XXL. Cost is $10 per t-shirt plus $5 for shipping. Send an email to email@example.com with your name, address, the number of t-shirts you would like, along with needed sizes. You will then be contacted by the Alumni Relations office for payment options. Go Phoenix!