Rock the Resch is a super cool event especially for UWGB alumni and students. We’ve put together an awesome tailgate party at The Bar on Holmgren Way. Your tickets include lots of great food and two drink tickets, an epically awesome, long sleeve Rock the Resch tee, and fun swag to cheer on the Phoenix at the game. The band “Feel Good Kids” will perform and the UW-Green Bay Pep Band, Green Bay cheerleaders and Phlash will be there too. Finally, there will be lots of drawings for fantastic prizes.
Date: Friday, Feb. 24
Time: Tailgate Party from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., Green Bay men’s basketball game vs. Oakland, 6 p.m.
Location: Tailgate Party at The Bar on Holmgren Way, Game at the Resch Center
Cost: $30 for alumni and adult guests, $10 for children age 17 and under
Registration: Visit Rock the Resch and register by Feb. 23
Share advice with the next generation of UWGB alumni
Seasoned alumni, we’re looking to you to share some advice with the soon-to-be newest group of alumni. Share your advice with the Dec. 2016 graduating class, by posting your answer on this Facebook post or by emailing your response to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your graduation year, employer and position. We will share your inspiring words with the graduating class!
On Instagram? Get a glimpse at LifeatUWGB or share your life as an alum
Last semester, a new Instagram account called “LifeatUWGB” began taking applications from volunteer Phoenix looking to show the UWGB experience through photos and videos! Volunteer hosts of this account have included the campus photographer/videographer, a member of the swim and dive team, the chair of the Psychology department, and more… Each host shares their life as a Phoenix through posts for a week. Following this account is a perfect way for alumni to get a glimpse into life on campus at their alma mater and to connect with other Phoenix! (To follow the account, search for username “LifeatUWGB” on Instagram.)
The organizer of the account is looking to add alumni hosts to the mix. If interested in sharing your life as UWGB alum, apply to host here. Questions may be directed to UWGB social media specialist, Jena Richter Landers.
“Thanks For Giving” Sale-Donate a canned good or cash and receive a discount on apparel and gift items. 1 item=10%, 2 items=20%, 3 items or $5=30% November 21-25. Store closed for Thanksgiving but OPEN Black Friday 8 am – 4:30 pm. Sorry, no online promo code.
Holiday Sale- December 1-3. 25% Off Storewide (sorry, no textbooks). Pictures with Santa December 2, 11:00 am – 1:00 pm. Online promo code: HOLIDAY
Shop online November 20-26 and December 4-21 and receive free freight! Promo code “FREESHIP”.
As always, show your Alumni ID Card and receive 10% off your purchase (no textbooks, one discount per transaction). The lifetime Alumni ID Card costs just $10 and allows you to take advantage of benefits throughout campus including on-campus discounts and special promotions from The Phoenix Bookstore, Green Bay Athletics, the Weidner Center, Marcus Cinema East and more. To learn more about the benefits of the card or to order, visit Alumni ID Card.
Care to share your time and talents representing UW-Green Bay and our alumni? We currently have needs for the following events, boards and committees.
- Alumni Mentors: Have a meaningful impact on a new UW-Green Bay graduate by serving as a year-long mentor. We provide you guidance to mentor effectively. Interested mentors should have graduated on or before 2011 and/or have a deep understanding of their field. Visit alumni mentor program to sign up before Dec. 17.
- Commencement Receiving Line: Congratulate and welcome our newest graduates to the Alumni Association by volunteering for the Commencement receiving line. It is easy and fun! Arrive at the Weidner Center by 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 17, claim your FREE Phoenix PRIDE Shirt and stand in line with fellow alums to cheer on UWGB’s fall 2016 graduating class.
- High School Recruiters: Go back to your high school alma mater or a high school in your community and speak to prospective students about your experience at UW-Green Bay. Students want to know how higher education can help them land their dream job. You are the perfect person to share how UWGB did just that, for you. If interested, contact Alumni Director, Kari Moody at email@example.com for guidelines on how to make your way back to high school to recruit prospective students.
- Alumni Board Committees: Serve on either the Student/Alumni Engagement or Fund Development committees. We need help planning and executing alumni events and raising money to support the scholarships the Association gives on an annual basis. If interested, or if you have any questions, please contact Board Development Committee Chair Karen Michaels at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Green Bay men’s and women’s basketball are back in action and it’s more fun to cheer on the Phoenix together.
Wednesday, Dec. 14: Green Bay men vs. UW-Madison
Pre-Game Party: 6 p.m., State Street Brat
Game Time: 8 p.m., Green Bay vs. Wisconsin, Kohl Center, Madison, WI
Registration: To purchase your $35 tickets, call the Green Bay Athletics Ticket Office at 920-465-2625. Tickets are available on a first come, first served basis.
Thursday, Dec. 15: Green Bay women vs. UW-Madison in Green Bay
Package includes your ticket to the Green Bay women’s basketball game against UW-Madison, and a full buffet in the Phoenix Club. The spread will feature wings, pizza, chips and dip, cheese and sausage, fruit and dessert. In addition, each guest will receive Phoenix swag to cheer on their favorite team.
Cost of the ticket-and-tailgate alumni package is $15 for adults and $10 for children (under age 18).
Pre-Game Party: 5:30 p.m., Phoenix Club, University Union, UWGB
Game Time: 7 p.m., Green Bay vs. UW-Madison, Kress Events Center
Registration: Register by Dec. 9 at https://gbwbbtixtailg8.eventbrite.com
Support your Alumni Association when you shop at smile.amazon.com.
It was so much fun; we’re doing it again! Join UW-Green Bay alumni, along with eight UW System campuses, for fun and relaxation at the Kalahari Resort and Waterpark Friday through Sunday, Jan. 6 through 8. This is a great deal and one event you don’t want to miss.
Friday night will include an all UW pizza party. Be sure to wear your UWGB gear and show your Phoenix pride. Prizes will be given to those who show the most school spirit.
Saturday, swim the day away in the water park or just have good ole fun at the amusement park.
This is a “bring your family and friends” event. To make reservations, please call 877-253-5466 and ask for the UW-Green Bay Alumni Association room block with a rate of $159 per night. Reservations must be made by Tuesday, Dec. 6, 2016. Reserve today.
Room rate includes:
- Guest room, up to 4 people (suites available at discounted rates)
- Friday Evening Pizza Social – 6:30 – 8:00 in the Indoor Theme Park (additional $14.99 per person gets you all-weekend access to the Indoor Theme Park)
- All-weekend access to the Indoor waterpark – 125,000 square feet of wet & wild indoor fun!
- Saturday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. access to the UWGB indoor cabana with flat screen TV, chaise lounges, snacks, and activities & contests for kids.
- Ask for block “UW-Green Bay Alumni Association”
- Two Room Suite is $269.00 per night
We hope you can join us for this fantastic weekend of fun!