The UW-Green Bay Alumni Association wants to know what you think.
The UW-Green Bay Alumni Association is looking to learn about your UWGB experience, understand your perception of alumni relations and gauge your interest in being involved with your alma mater. Please take this short survey by Friday, November 3 for a chance to win a $100 gift card to the location of your choice!
Thank you for helping us to better serve you!
Get in on the creative end of the Phoenix PRIDE Shirt tradition. You don’t have to be a graphics or art major. Have an idea? We want to hear about it. Each year, we create a collectible, limited edition T-shirt that reflects UWGB spirit. Proceeds SUPPORT student scholarships. The design is selected by electronic vote in October and the winning designer receives a $100 gift card to a location of his or her choice, two tickets to Rock the Resch, and of course…being known as the awesome 5th Edition Phoenix PRIDE Shirt Designer!
There are very few design restrictions:
-One color, front- or back-only design
-Include a reference to UWGB/UW-Green Bay
-Design should be relatable to UWGB alumni
-Submit artwork in a pdf file format by September 22 to email@example.com
An official logo is not required in the design, but can be requested by contacting Sue Bodilly, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions:
- Contest is open to UWGB alumni, students and employees
- By submitting a design, the designer is allowing UW-Green Bay full use of the graphic for the purpose of the 5th Edition Phoenix PRIDE Shirt campaign. The t-shirt may be promoted in any way UW-Green Bay chooses (i.e. UWGB websites, mailings, social media, etc.).
- All T-shirt designs will be published on the alumni website and alumni social media sites for voting purposes.
- Voting will be open from October 1 – October 15.
- Voting will take place online via a link that will be announced in late September and at alumni events taking place during the voting period.
- The design receiving the most votes will be printed on shirts in the color of the designer’s choosing and will be sold in The Phoenix Bookstore. Phoenix PRIDE t-shirts will go on sale November 1.
The Lifelong learning Institute at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay opened its fall semester with 1049 members-a new record! The fall semester offered over 190 courses on a variety of topics ranging from art to Zumba with multiple other topics such as: history, travel, nature, yoga, biking, games, painting, heath, taxes, poetry, computers, current events, religion, science and music. Classes usually meet once a week and most courses involve one to four sessions. Members can sign up for multiple courses. Some take two or three; others take as many as thirty all for a single member ship fee. LLI is open to adults who enjoy learning for learning’s sake. Annual memberships run from September 1st to August 31st or from January 1st to December 31st. Why should people join LLI? To stay mentally active, to learn something new, to get some exercise, to create something, to meet new friends and to be part of a dynamic member-led organization.
For more information visit our website, uwgb.edu/lli or contact the LLI Office at UW-Green Bay, 920-465-2356 or email@example.com.
Green Bay basketball season tickets are now on sale for the 2017-18 campaign starting at only $128 per ticket. Fans can purchase season ticket packages online at GreenBayPhoenix.com, by phone at 920-465-2625 or in person at the Green Bay Ticket Office during normal business hours (M-F, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.).
The UWGB Alumni Association is pleased to sponsor a special $4,000 scholarship ($1,000 for four years) to UW-Green Bay. To be eligible for the scholarship drawing students must:
- Attend a designated public UW-Green Bay event (including but not limited to Green Bay Farmer’s Market, Fridays on the Fox, My Education My Way, Application events, college fairs, etc.) and complete a UW-Green Bay interest card while at the event.
- Schedule and attend a campus tour before April 15, 2018. To register for your visit, go to www.uwgb.edu/visit.
We hope to see you at our next event. Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter to find out about upcoming public events.
Learn more about the official sweepstakes rules.
Stop in at The Phoenix Bookstore to stock up on the latest Phoenix gear. Remember to use your alumni discount to receive 10% off apparel and gift items and use your Alumni ID Card to earn Phlash Rewards Points. If you don’t want to leave the house and still want to shop, visit www.THEphoenixbookstore.com and enter the promo code ALUMNI.
Summer hours are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Come check out Shorewood’s new driving range and redesigned course! The new range is set up between former holes #1 and #9. Those two holes essentially remain as they were but with the tee boxes moved. A small bucket (45 balls) is $5 and a large bucket (75 balls) costs $8 and there will also be a pre-round “mini-bag” of about 15 balls available. Check out the changes and let us know what you think! To make a tee time, call 920-465-2118 or visit firstname.lastname@example.org to book online. You can also reach Shorewood via email at email@example.com.