In celebration of UWGB’s 50th Anniversary, the Alumni Association is hosting UW-Green Bay Day with the Green Bay Gamblers. Join fellow Phoenix at this fun social to have some fun, catch up with old friends, meet new ones and cheer on the Gamblers. Cost of attendance includes your Gamblers game ticket, beer wine and soda, on the glass vantage point and chances to win fantastic prizes and give-a-ways.
Date: Friday, December 11
Time: 6 p.m. Alumni Party on the ice, 7 p.m. Green Bay Gamblers vs. Madison
Location: Dog Pound at the Resch Center
Cost: $25 per person
RSVP Deadline: Wednesday, December 9, 2015
RSVP Process: Tickets can be purchased at GB Gamblers and are nonrefundable.
Questions can be directed to Kari Moody, director of Alumni Relations, at 920-465-2226 or sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Phoenix PRIDE Shirt is a unique collectible, with a new design each year. This year 12 alumni designers submitted t-shirt designs and the alumni masses were challenged to vote on the shirt they liked best. More than 700 alumni voted and 1997 alumnus John Konecny’s design won. This awesome 3rd Edition Phoenix PRIDE Shirt is available in five colors to celebrate UWGB’s 50th Anniversary and our five decades of graduates. Purchase your favorite color or represent your graduation decade:
1990s: Grass Green
2000s: Forest Green
2010s: Bandana Brigade Green
100% of the proceeds from Phoenix PRIDE Shirt sales support UW-Green Bay Alumni Association scholarships. Order today at Phoenix PRIDE Shirt.
Oooh…this is gonna be fun! Join UW-Green Bay alumni, along with eight UW System campuses, for fun and relaxation at the Kalahari Resort and Waterpark Friday through Sunday, Jan. 8 through 10. This is a great deal and one event you don’t want to miss!
Friday night will include an all UW pizza party. Be sure to wear your UWGB gear and show your pride for UWGB. Prizes will be given to those who show the most school spirit.
Saturday, we will swim the day away in the water park or just have good ole fun at the amusement park!
This is a “bring your family and friends” event! To make reservations, please call 877-253-5466 and ask for the UW-Green Bay Alumni Association room block with a rate of $159 per night. Reservations must be made by Tuesday, December 8, 2015, so reserve today!
Included in room rate:
- Guest room, up to 4 people (suites available at discounted rates)
- Friday Evening Pizza Social – 6:30 – 8:00 in the Indoor Theme Park (additional $14.99 per person gets you all-weekend access to the Indoor Theme Park)
- All-Weekend access to the Indoor Waterpark – 125,000 square feet of wet & wild indoor fun!
- All day Saturday access to UW-Green Bay indoor cabana with flat screen TV, chaise lounges, snacks, and activities & contests for kids!
- Ask for block UW-Green Bay Alumni Association
- Two Room Suite is $249.00 per night
We hope you can join us for this fantastic weekend of fun!
Care to share your time and talent representing UW-Green Bay and our alumni? We currently have needs for the following events, boards and committees.
- Admissions Volunteers: Help recruit students by calling transfer students and freshmen Sunday-Thursday between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. from the Admissions Office on campus. To learn more or sign up, email Director of Admissions Jen Jones at email@example.com.
- Alumni Board Committees: Serve on the following committees: Alumni and Student Engagement, Fund Development, and Board Development.
- Alumni Mentors: Mentor undergraduate students regarding personal and professional growth and development.
- Commencement Receiving Line: Congratulate and welcome our newest graduates to the Alumni Association by volunteering for the Commencement receiving line. It is easy and fun! Arrive at the Weidner Center by 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, Dec 19, claim your FREE Phoenix PRIDE Shirt and stand in line with fellow alums to cheer on UWGB’s Fall 2015 graduating class.
If you are interested, or have any questions, please contact Director of Alumni Relations Kari Moody at 920-465-2226 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Green Bay Holiday Parade takes place at 10 a.m. Saturday, November 21 in Downtown Green Bay. UW-Green Bay will again have a float in the parade and we will be handing out candy on the parade route. In celebration of UW-Green Bay’s 50th Anniversary, Chancellor Gary Miller and his wife, Georgia are parade marshals. So come out to the Green Bay Holiday Parade to enjoy the season and support your alma mater! Go Phoenix!
Get your Alumni ID Card today. This lifetime card costs just $10 and allows you to take advantage of benefits throughout campus including on-campus discounts and special promotions from The Phoenix Bookstore, Green Bay Athletics, the Weidner Center, Marcus Cinema East and more. To learn more about the benefits of the card or to order, visit Alumni ID Card.
What a weekend! A special 50th Anniversary Alumni Days gave UW-Green Bay alumni and friends a chance to reunite with the campus community October 16 and 17. Among the highlights: about 70 alumni joining the UWGB music students and faculty in concert, excitement at the Kress with the Green Bay athletics teams, mini-Bayfest in Phoenix Park, alumni musicians, affinity groups, a Habitat for Humanity reunion and build, resurrection of the BlueWhale Coffeehouse and so much more. See some of the best images here and thank you to alumni Dan Moore, Jena Richter, Sue Bodilly and adopted alumnus Kimberly Vlies for the fantastic photos!