1. When will you graduate? I will graduate in May 2018.
2. What are your career plans? My ultimate goal is to one day become a School Psychologist working in an elementary and/or middle school setting.
3. Why did you major in psychology? I have always been interested in understanding why people think and behave the way they do. I also think I chose psychology because it allows me to learn more about myself and reflect on my own thoughts and experiences through a variety of different perspectives.
4. What do you do for fun? In my spare time I enjoy reading, watching Netflix, spending time with my friends and family, going hiking, and taking trips to Door County. I also really enjoy experimenting with cooking and baking (and eating the final creations).
5. What academic experience or accomplishment are you most proud of? I am most proud of the hour-long lecture I was required to give as a teaching assistant for Dr. Lorenz’s Intro to Psych class. While it was a lot of work, I really enjoyed it and it was such a valuable experience.
6. What’s your favorite movie, book, and TV show related to psychology? I really love the movie The Aviator because it gives an accurate depiction of how mental illnesses such as OCD can seriously impact a person’s life in every way imaginable. My favorite book would be Blink by Malcolm Gladwell, and lately I’ve been obsessed with the tv show Dexter.
7. What single thing do you hope to accomplish at UWGB before graduating? I hope to continue being involved in the psychology department and help uphold its current level of excellence!