Jenny Olson Headshot

1. When did you graduate? I graduated in 2007 with a double major in psychology and human development.
  2. What do you do now? I’m an assistant professor in Marketing at the University of Kansas where I study consumer behavior.
  3. Why did you major in psychology? I’ve always been fascinated by human behavior and understanding what drives our decision making. No other major is as all-encompassing as psychology – it covers topics ranging from motivation, learning, perception, memory, social relationships, attraction, aggression, to attitudes, etc. It definitely provides the basis for several other disciplines (marketing included!)
  4. What do you do for fun? In addition to my research on romantic relationships, I love traveling, trying new restaurants (desserts are my weakness), skiing, and taking Instagram pictures.
  5. What academic experience or accomplishment are you most proud of? I am most proud of completing my dissertation!
  6. What’s your favorite movie, book, and TV show, related to psychology? The book, Nudge, is a must-read. It’s a great introduction into behavioral economics and how simple modifications (“nudges”) can help people lead more rewarding, happy lives.
  7. What an important goal or accomplishment you are currently working on? I’m preparing to teach my first semester as an assistant professor. I look forward to sharing psychological principles and research findings in my courses!