- Psychology and Human Development Club: A Message from the President
- Psi Chi: A Message from the President
- Making the World a More Beautiful Place: Thanks to Some Current and Former UW-Green Bay Students
- Careers of the Month: February 2012 Edition
- Career Tip of the Month
- Grad School Tip of the Month: Attend the Spring Graduate School Series
- Internships: A Student Perspective (Special Bonus Edition)
- Did You Know…About the Methods Requirement?
- Exciting Adventures Await You!
- Student Good News
- The Pink Flamingo Mailbag
Welcome to the new semester, PHD Club members! We have some exciting events planned for this semester! Here are several of the events we have planned:
- • Meeting: 2/27 from 4:30-5:00 in the Vista Room (3rd floor of MAC) – at this meeting we will be electing the officers for the 2012-2013 year, if you are interested and have not already informed me of your interest, please let me know ASAP!
- • Movie Night: 3/5 @ 4:00, location TBA
- • Relay for Life: 3/31 – if you want to join the Psi Chi and PHD Club team please bring $10 (registration fee) to the next PHD Club meeting or contact me if you are unable to make it to the next meeting.
If you have any questions, or would like to join PHD Club, please feel free to contact me, Kaitlin Florer, at email@example.com
Hello Psi Chi members!
First I want to welcome all of our new members; we are excited to have you! We have some events coming up in the next few weeks that we would like to inform you about!
• If you received an invitation to join Psi Chi, the deadline to apply has been extended to Friday, February 24. Please bring application materials and $65 fee (cash or check made payable to UWGB-Psi Chi) to Helene Rosner in MAC C310.
• Meeting and Journal Club: 2/27 from 3:45-4:30
• Movie Night: 3/5 @ 4:00, location TBA
• Relay for Life: 3/31 – if you want to join the Psi Chi and PHD Club team please bring $10 (registration fee) to the next Psi Chi meeting or contact me if you are unable to make it to the next meeting
• Put Friday, April 20th on your calendar. That is the date set for the Psi Chi Induction Ceremony. Details to follow.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me, Kaitlin Florer, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kimberly Martiny, a UW-Green Bay Psychology and Art student, recently teamed up with the Brown County affiliate of the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) to coordinate an art based project for Diversions, a temporary home for individuals recovering from mental health issues.
The project was funded by NAMI Brown County, who worked with Tradewinds Art Supply to provide the supplies. After 5 months of hard work and donated time from more than 15 artists (most of them current or past UW-Green Bay students), 87 paintings were completed and, last November, were installed at Diversions.
Artists involved in the project (some of whom also have links to Psychology and Human Development) included Matthew Pickard, Emily Bartos, Beth Servais, Jason Keller, Kristin Gregiore, Rich Rouse, Amber Bork, Garrett Hetzel, Ashley Sixt, Ali Stalsburg, Alyssa Falvey, Jen Aldrich and Kimberly Martiny. Additionally, Lauren Garrison worked on a number of paintings with high school students to complete their volunteer and service hours for school requirements. All of the work now proudly hangs in Diversions for clients to enjoy.