Looking for another course to round out that fall schedule? A new section of Death, Dying, and Loss has been added to the Fall 2010 schedule of classes. The class will meet from 9:30-10:25 a.m. MWF.
Welcome to the last issue of The Pink Flamingo for the year. We’ll be back during finals week with a little study break/surprise to reveal our trivia winner and to share some other great student updates, but this is the end of our hard-hitting news issues. As we bid a fond farewell to academic year 2009-2010, we want to take this opportunity to thank the tireless team of journalists, photographers, graphic designers, Pulitzer Prize-winning authors, magicians, fork-lift operators, and animal trainers who make this esteemed publication possible. We also want to congratulate all of our May and August graduates (keep in touch!) and wish everyone a fabulous summer! In this month’s issue:
- Summer Classes Still Available
- Reminder: End of the Year Picnic (i.e., Free Food)!!!
- Contest: Guess the New Pink Flamingo Editor’s Identity and Win a $10 Gift Certificate!
The annual end-of-year picnic, co-sponsored by the P/HD Club and Psi Chi, is on Friday, May 7th from 11:00 a.m. -1:00 p.m. at Lambeau Cottage (part of the UWGB campus – located right on the Bay and off Nicolet Drive). All students and faculty are invited to celebrate the last day of classes and to enjoy a free cook-out. Drop in anytime!
The suspense is building. Rumors are circulating. Denials have been made. The time has come for you to guess the New Pink Flamingo Editor’s identity. We’ve given you 4 clues over the course of this year to help you out. Here they are again to jog your memory:
1) This person waited one day too long to renew his/her driver’s license, had to take the written test, and then failed the test by one question. Undeterred, this person drove home (without a license) anyway.
2) This person has only owned blue cars.
3) This person gambled away 10 cents in Las Vegas in January.
4) This person wears a lot of black.
Go to http://uwgreenbay.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_2sfWgG3aK9MGvha&SVID= to submit your vote. We will randomly choose a winner from among the correct answers. Up for grabs is a $10 gift certificate to the bookstore! The deadline for entries is Monday, May 10th at noon. Note: You can only enter once!