You wouldn’t know it looking out the window, but the Spring Semester has arrived, as has your February issue of The Pink Flamingo!
- Congratulations to Dr. Gurung, Wisconsin Professor of the Year
- Breaking News: Potential Opportunity to Study Human Development in South Africa
- This Just In…New Blog for Job, Internship, RA, and TA Positions
- More Breaking News: UW-Green Bay at Yale University
- P/HD Club Update from President Wilhelm
- Psi Chi Update from President Degeneffe
- Careers of the Month: February 2010 Edition
- Career Tip of the Month: Attend the Job & Internship Fair
- Grad School Tip of the Month: Juniors – Get Ready!
- Your 3rd Hint: New Pink Flamingo Editor
- Student News to Celebrate
- Students of AMF Support Network Plans Spring Activities
- The Top 10: Explanations for Not Making it to The Super Bowl
This may be old news to some, but we wanted you all to know that, last November, our very own Dr. Regan Gurung was named Wisconsin Professor of the Year by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. It’s an incredible honor, and we are all very proud to work with him. So proud, in fact, that a new flamingo has mysteriously emerged in Dr. Gurung’s likeness right outside his door in the C-Wing of MAC Hall. Donned in Dr. Gurung’s signature purple regalia, the bird showcases his many books and even includes a photo from the award ceremony. While we never know who creates these beautifully decorated birds (click on the PF Legend link under Topics on right side of your screen to learn more), we want to thank the person/people responsible and encourage students to come take a look.
Planning for the Human Development South Africa course continues! Please consider joining Dr. Illene Noppe for the trip and educational experience of a lifetime. Earn three credits by learning about “Human Development in South Africa” August 2 – August 23, 2010 at Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, Port Elizabeth, South Africa (http://www.nmmu.ac.za/Default.asp?bhcp=1). Please contact Professor Noppe (firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional details.
Are you interested in doing a research or teaching assistantship, getting an internship or part-time job, or even doing some volunteer work? If so, we want to make it easier for you to learn about the great opportunities to do these sorts of things. Thus, we bring you the Human Development and Psychology Want Ads, a website where faculty will post these opportunities.
If you go to the page now, you’ll see that there isn’t very much listed at this point. Don’t worry. We’ll continue to post information throughout the semester as it becomes available. We anticipate that there will be many exciting opportunities available (especially internships, research assistantships, and teaching assistantships) in the weeks prior to registration and we’ll remind you again in the next issue of The Pink Flamingo. In the meantime, to check out the page, go to: https://blog.uwgb.edu/hudpsychwantads