Somewhere along the way, the main focus of digital marketing started shifting from businesses to consumers.
Now more than ever, every marketing strategy is user-oriented, and it looks like this trend is here to stay.
One of the most challenging tasks for businesses today is keeping up with the constant changes in consumer behavior and adapting their digital marketing strategies accordingly.
Here are five digital marketing strategies you should implement in 2023 to stay on top of the game:
1. Engage in the latest influencer marketing trends
2. Comit to brand storytelling
3. Implement mobile-first marketing
4. Make the most of AI technology
5. Use marketing automation tools
Let’s get started!
1. Engage in the Latest Influencer Marketing Trends
Simply put, influencer marketing is a collaboration between a business and social media influencers. You hire an influencer that speaks best to your target audience to present, review, and/or use your product. It is a relatively new trend in digital marketing, but it is also one that keeps growing, with a projected value of $24.1 billion by 2025.
Here are three influencer marketing trends to follow in 2023:
- Livestream shopping occurs when influencers stream their interaction with a product in real-time while allowing their followers to ask questions or give their opinions about the subject.
- Cross-channel campaigns are a way to engage influencers in promoting your business on multiple social media platforms and reach a wider audience.
- Micro and nano influencers have a smaller follower base (usually measured in thousands). The idea is that these influencers have a more loyal audience and can create content tailored to their needs, resulting in a higher conversion rate.
2. Commit to Brand Storytelling
Brand storytelling that is authentic, relatable, and community-driven will make your business memorable. Here are the three ways you can create engaging brand storytelling:
- Source your stories directly from your customers
- Advertise your business in podcasts
- Hire a public relations team to convey your story
The ultimate goal of your brand storytelling is to connect your business with your audience on a more personal level. This is important, as a study shows that 94% of customers recommend brands they connect with emotionally.
3. Implement Mobile-First Marketing
Mobile-first marketing approaches become more relevant as more and more people use their mobile devices to browse the internet.
Here is what you can implement in your mobile-first marketing strategy in 2023:
- Focus on customer retention through daily app engagement
- Implement behavior-based targeting to drive engagement
- Use push notifications to keep your audience informed about new events and offers
- Optimize your e-Commerce for mobile commerce (m-Commerce)
The main objectives of your mobile-first marketing strategy should be to increase your customer reach, build a strong relationship with them, and create new revenue channels for your business.
4. Make the Most Out of AI Technology
It seems like AI has been the topic of every conversation recently. As this technology progresses, marketers find new ways to use them on their behalf.
Here are three AI trends that you can use in your digital marketing strategy:
- Large Language Models (LLM) that impact conversational AI – you can use LLM to adapt your conversational tools for better customer engagement and satisfaction.
- Multimod AI that combines AI models and visual modalities. One prime example of this technology trend is Google’s Multitask Unified Model (MUM)
- AI in Email Marketing – you can track user behavior and collect valuable data that will help you personalize your email marketing campaign.
AI is expected to power 95% of customer interactions by 2025. So now might be a good time to jump on the AI trend and gain leverage over your competition.
5. Use Marketing Automation Tools
Using marketing automation tools will help you save time, effort, and money. Moreover, these software solutions will provide you with valuable data collected from your marketing campaigns. This data will show you what aspects of your campaign work and what aspects need adjusting.
Some of the best marketing tools you can use in 2023 are:
- Layer is an add-on tool that you can use to automate your data collection, generate and share reports in real-time, and more.
- HubSpot software is best used to optimize your marketing campaigns, manage customer contact information, track website activity, and more.
- Adobe Marketo can help you automate your email marketing, segment your customers, track your analytics, and more.
80% of marketers witnessed an increase in leads after implementing marketing automation. At the same time, 36% of marketers use automation tools to eliminate repetitive tasks. It’s a win-win situation either way.
5. Link Building
Link building is still an important part of digital marketing since it helps to boost search engine results and increase visitors to your website. Businesses may stay ahead of the curve in 2023 by incorporating the most recent trends into their link building plan. One of the pioneers of this is Link Gathering company so make sure to check their prior work or their blog page to find some interesting things.
The significance of data privacy and security, the shift toward personalized experiences, and the growing use of voice search and voice assistants are among these developments. Businesses can construct more successful and engaging link building efforts that connect with their audience and produce significant results by keeping these trends in mind.
Digital marketing is becoming more complex by the minute. If you have trouble keeping up with all the latest trends or you lack in-house experts who can design and implement your digital marketing strategy, you can hire one of the top agencies to do the job for you.
We hope we’ve provided you with some useful insights into the 2023 digital marketing trends and helped you envision a strategy that engages and converts.