Well Wisconsin Radio is a monthly podcast style program that interviews health and wellness experts from around the state. You can attend live or listen to the recording later!
Tuesday, October 26th
Noon to 12:30
Topic: Women’s Health
Expert: Dr. Makeba Williams, UW Health
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Saturday, September 25th at Lambeau in Green Bay
Click here to join UWGB employee, Bobbie Webster’s team
Month of September in Sheboygan
Click here to join the UWGB team.
Saturday, October 2nd in Green Bay; race ending at City Deck
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED – Interested?
- Go to bellinwomenshalf.com and click on Volunteer
- Race Course Marshals* are greatest need – each corner requires 1 volunteer age 16 or older, but age 12-16 can be a 2nd volunteer
- Shifts last from 30 minutes to 3 hours
*Race course marshals are stationed on street corners without high traffic throughout the course to make sure vehicles do not cross or drive on to course. Major intersections are manned by public safety.
Earn your $150 Well Wisconsin Program incentive by completing a health assessment, health check, and one well-being activity by October 8, 2021. You are eligible to earn the $150 Well Wisconsin Program incentive if you are enrolled in the State Group Health Insurance Program. Spouses are also eligible if they are enrolled in the State Group Health Insurance Program.
Health Assessment: Log into the WebMD website and answer the assessment questions online. The assessment will take approximately 10-15 minutes.
Health Check: Choose from the below options to complete this requirement:
- Biometric Screening: Check the WebMD website for future clinics located near you. Otherwise, request an at-home screening test kit by logging into the WebMD portal or contacting WebMD via phone. Test kits must be requested by September 17, 2021.
- Health Care Provider Form: Report your height, weight, and blood pressure from a visit with your health care provider. Your health care provider does not need to sign this form.
- Preventive Dental Exam: Get a dental cleaning to meet this requirement.
- Health Coaching Call: Discuss your current health with a WebMD health coach, set well-being goals and explore solutions to help you attain your goals.
Well-being Activity: Select an activity from the WebMD website and get it done!
To learn more, review the UW System Well Wisconsin Program web page.
Source: UW System Human Resources
Protect yourself this flu season by getting your annual flu vaccination!
The Well Wisconsin Program is offering workplace flu vaccine clinics. Flu vaccines are free and voluntary for all employees [and spouses] who are enrolled in the State of Wisconsin Insurance Program.
- You will be required to present your medical ID card at the flu clinic.
- After you register for your appointment online, your next step will be to complete the digital consent form.
- A link to the digital consent form will be available on the appointment confirmation page and in your confirmation email.
- Nurses administering the vaccine will wear masks, and you would wear a mask to your appointment as well.
- Thursday, September 9, 2021
- 8:00 am to 9:00 am
- Wombat Room 2114
Green Bay campus
- Tuesday, September 21, 2021
- 8:00 am to 9:00 am
- University Union, Phoenix Rooms
The vaccination will protect against the four most likely causes of flu illness during the upcoming season, including the H1N1- strain of influenza.
The vaccine is preservative-free.
The vaccine is not recommended for the following individuals:
- Those allergic to eggs or egg products
- Those who have an active neurological disorder
- Those with a fever, acute respiratory or other active infection or illness
If you are pregnant, you should receive the vaccine directly from your physician.
Preregistration is required. No cash payments or insurance payments accepted. To register for your flu vaccination appointment, log into the wellness portal at webmdhealth.com/wellwisconsin and click “Register” on the Flu Vaccination card.
For more information about the flu vaccination, visit cdc.gov/flu.
There’s still time to get your free on-site health screening!
Get a picture of your overall health and discover areas that may need attention.
A free health screening* event has been scheduled at the Green Bay and Sheboygan campuses for employees (and spouses) who are enrolled in the State of Wisconsin Group Health Insurance Program.
At an onsite screening, you’ll learn your measurements for blood pressure, body mass index (BMI), cholesterol (HDL, LDL and total), triglycerides and glucose, and be in and out in 20 minutes. Register today!
Green Bay Campus:
- DATE: Tuesday, September 21, 2021
- TIME: 7:00 am to 1:00 pm
- LOCATION: University Union, Phoenix Rooms, Green Bay campus
- DATE: Thursday, September 9, 2021
- TIME: 8:00 to 10:30 am
- LOCATION: Wombat Room, Sheboygan campus
Please register at webmdhealth.com/wellwisconsin by clicking “Get Started” on the Biometric Screening card. Click here for instructions.
Earn your $150 Well Wisconsin Incentive
Complete three activities by October 8, 2021 to earn the $150 Well Wisconsin incentive.
- Get a Health Check – Complete a biometric screening (details above), dental exam or coaching session, more information available at webmdhealth.com/wellwisconsin.
- Complete the WebMD One’s health assessment – it takes about 10 minutes and is mobile and tablet friendly!
- Complete a Well-Being Activity through WebMD (ex. complete a challenge, listen to two 30 minute interviews, etc.).
For more information on the Well Wisconsin Program or to complete your activities, log in to webmdhealth.com/wellwisconsin. Click here for Frequently Asked Questions about the health screening.
*The Well Wisconsin incentive program is a voluntary program available to employees, retirees and spouses enrolled in the State of Wisconsin Group Health Insurance Program, excluding Medicare Advantage participants who have incentives available through their health plan. The Well Wisconsin incentive will automatically be issued to eligible participants upon completing the applicable activities. All wellness incentives paid to participants are considered taxable income to the group health plan subscriber and are reported to their employer, who will issue a W2. In some cases, the Wisconsin Retirement System acts as the employer. Retirees, continuants and their spouses will have some taxes withheld from the incentive amount earned.
Well Wisconsin Radio – Monthly expert interviews on various health topics with professionals around the state.
The Brain and Youth Sports
Join your host, Morgan Meinen as she talks with Julie Stamm , Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Kinesiology at the University of Wisconsin Madison. Julie and Morgan will discuss the science behind repetitive brain trauma in sports, common misconceptions, and how parents can make informed decisions about sports to protect their children. We hope you’ll tune in!
- Tuesday, August 24, 2021
- Noon – 12:30 PM
Episodes available on demand after the event! Click here to access the Well Wisconsin Radio channel.
Just a reminder, participants would need to listen to two Well Wisconsin Radio shows in order to get credit for the Well-Being Activity. You do not have to listen to the program live in order to get credit – you can listen to the recorded program on the Well Wisconsin portal.
Fill your bucket this summer by doing things that feel good to you! Our Summer Bucket List Challenge has some great ideas or create your own. Set a goal and then get to fillin’ your bucket!
Track your fun for 30 days by checking 10 days off your bucket list. Click here for the form. Email your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Treat yo’ self!
- Stargaze—contemplate just how amazing life is
- Use PTO to leave work early to do your own thing!
- Enjoy a book or magazine at your favorite cafe
- Tap in to your artistic side with sidewalk chalk
- Take a nap or read in the warm shade
- Say “no” to something that feels stressful
- Say “yes!” to something fun and indulgent
- Relax in the bath, pool, hot tub, lake—you choose
- Sit outside, close your eyes, and just listen
I like to move it, move it!
- Dance to music that moves you
- Beat the heat—get up for an early morning walk/run
- Start your day with yoga in the sunshine
- Walk to do an errand or get a summer treat
- Try a NEW activity—geocaching, paddle boarding, etc.
- Grab a friend and go for a bike ride
- Work in your garden or yard
- Hand wash your car
- Go for a hike and have a picnic
Get ‘er done!
Goals, productivity, professional development
- Get rid of 25 items from your house
- Organize a space—don’t forget before and after photos
- Set one professional or personal goal for the summer
- Don’t check work email when you are on vacation
- Make an emergency/natural disaster plan with family
- Aim for a no-waste week—reduce, reuse, recycle
- Listen to a professional/personal development podcast
- Read an article that will help you toward a goal
- Plan a fall/winter vacation
Weekend ideas with friends and family
- Go camping
- Visit a museum—pose like an exhibit (pictures!)
- Catch a summer blockbuster to escape the heat
- Have fun with animals—zoo, aquarium, or your pet
- Go to an outdoor concert, festival, fair or sports game
- Try an outdoor ropes course or ziplining
- Go to brunch or have a picnic in the park
- Visit a pool, river, lake, or coast for a water adventure
- Tour your local town or a new city you want to see
For the love of full bellies!
Food and drink
- Make a healthy, cool summer treat—share the recipe!
- Organize a progressive dinner with some neighbors
- Enjoy a treat from an ice-cream truck
- Make real homemade lemonade (no powdered stuff!)
- Eat your favorite summer produce—savor every bite
- Have a BBQ and snap a photo of the grill master
- Try a cold summer soup recipe
- Make fruit popsicles
- Pick up fruits and veggies from a farmers’ market
You do you!
Create your own list
OUTDOOR EQUIPMENT RENTALS
Summer is the perfect time to take advantage of equipment rentals!
Rent kayaks, canoes, paddle boards, camping gear, backpacking gear, and more.
Discounted prices for UWGB faculty/staff: Full Equipment and Pricing List
Outdoor Adventure Center Hours
How to rent
FREE YOGA CLASSES
Attend on zoom OR in-person
June 15th – August 26th
Tuesdays & Thursdays: 12:15-12:45pm
Instructor: Alex (RYT 200 instructor)
How to attend
FREE ZUMBA® CLASSES
Attend on zoom or in-person*
May 24th – August 25th
Mondays & Wednesdays: 12:15-12:45pm
Instructor: Kristy (Certified Zumba® instructor)
*Wed Zumba will only be on zoom until June 16th
How to attend
KRESS ACCESS (Fitness Center)
May 24th – August 29th
Annual Shutdown (May 16th – 23rd): CLOSED
Memorial Day (May 29th – 31st): CLOSED
4th of July (July 3rd – 5th): CLOSED
*Above information applies to UW-Green Bay Faculty & Staff
A few updates with the upcoming Bellin Run:
- The Bellin Run will be a virtual event from June 12 – 21, 2021.
- There is still time to register! More information here.
- Packet Information:
- If you signed up by May 15th and chose to have your packet delivered to the Green Bay Main Campus, it will be available to pick-up before the run at the HR Office, located in the Cofrin Library, 7th floor, room 710. (We will email you when it is ready.)
- If you chose to have your packet delivered to your home, you will receive notice of when they intend to ship to the email you provided at registration.
Items to Note:
- 10K Training Guide
- Bellin Run Virtual Event FAQs
- Submit results manually or download the timing app, RTRT.me for results to be automatically submitted.
- Group Photo! Unfortunately, with a virtual event, we are unable to get a group photo. Please email a photo of you on your run or pre/post-run with your bib to email@example.com by June 21st, 2021.
Any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Corporate Team Captain, Kaitlyn O’Claire, firstname.lastname@example.org, 715-735-4331.
Thank you and best of luck!