Reminder to University Staff Employees: Bank Vacation Hours by December 31, 2021.
Eligible University Staff employees have an annual opportunity to bank and/or request a pay out of their unused vacation. Employees cannot bank or receive a cash payout for Personal and Legal Holidays.
To be eligible to bank or request a cash payout of unused vacation, you must meet the years of service requirement as outlined in the vacation policies linked to below. All requests to bank or receive vacation cash payout must be received by December 31, 2021. (Please note this does not apply to Academic Staff, Limited or Faculty employees – only University Staff employees.)
You may review your leave balances and submit your vacation leave banking request through the MyUW portal:
- Log into the MyUW portal.
- Go to the Time and Absence module.
- Click on Timesheet.
- Click on Absence Balances tab on left side of screen. Conversion Eligibility will be displayed between the Posted leave balances and the Projected leave balances.
- Follow instructions for converting vacation to banked leave (steps 5-7) on the Banked Leave Tipsheet.
For policy information, review:
- UW System Administrative Policy 1210 (formerly BN 1) Vacation, Paid Leave Banks, and Vacation Cash Payouts
- UW System Administrative Policy 1211 (formerly BN 2) Personal Holiday and Legal Holiday Administration
Source: UW System Human Resources