The Office of Human Resources and Workforce Diversity understands that with the losses we have experienced within our campus community, COVID-19 pandemic, and turbulence in our country and the world, faculty and staff (and their families and friends) may be dealing with a great amount of grief and stress. Our office is committed to providing resources to both employees and supervisors during this time. Please see below for important resources that can be utilized at any time:
Employee Assistance Program
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay’s Employee Assistance Program is a free, confidential service which can provide support for both personal and work-related concerns. The EAP may also assist with legal/financial situations or help with work-life balance. Employees have access to confidential, completely private, 24-hour, 7-days-a-week counseling and online services.
As of January 1, 2021, EAP services are now provided through Kepro. Kepro may be contacted by:
- Phone: (833) 539-7285
- Website: mylifeexpert.com. (Username: SOWI). Employees will need to create an account to access the EAP resources online.
EAP Services & Resources
Additional information pertaining to the services and resources available through the EAP may be found here.
Given the recent losses within our community, we have also made available a handout provided by Kepro related to grief.
Kepro has a number of recorded webinars available on their website to view at any time. A few examples include:
- Dealing with Grief and Loss – The death of a family member or close fried is, undoubtedly, one of the most difficult experiences in life. This webinar discusses the process and stages of grief and learning to move toward resolution of this emotionally trying time.
- Emotional Composure – Remaining Unruffled & Dynamic Under Stress – Emotions are a healthy part of the human experience. Acknowledging emotions and understanding your personal stress style is the first step in beginning to control them. This webinar discusses a selection of customary stressors as well as techniques for exercising control over them.
- COVID is No Longer a Sprint – It’s Now a Marathon – This webinar addresses how the COVID-19 pandemic is no longer a sprint but is now a marathon. It focuses on the categories of anxiety, common COVID apprehensions, and tools for reducing your COVID anxiety.
- Practicing Mindfulness to Reduce Stress – Mindfulness, the practice of maintaining a moment-by-moment consciousness of our thoughts, feelings, physical sensations, and environment, through a calm nurturing lens, that stresses that there is no “right or wrong” way of thinking, feeling or doing things and reflecting only upon the present moment can lead to greater perspective, and calm from life’s stresses.
Kepro provides live monthly webinars on a wide variety of topics. Click here to view the webinar schedule for 2021. January’s webinar – Leading During Uncertainty – is scheduled for Wednesday, January 13, 2021 from 12:30-1:30 p.m., and is designed to provide guidance for leading during the pandemic. You may register to attend this webinar through Kepro’s website. The monthly webinars are recorded, uploaded to Kepro’s website and available to view at your convenience.
SilverCloud is an online platform that offers self-guided, interactive programs and skill-building tools to help with mental health well-being and stress management. It is available to all employees and students at no cost. To learn more or to begin using SilverCloud, click here.
The Office of Human Resources and Workforce Diversity stands ready to support employees and supervisors during this time. Please feel free to contact Human Resources at (920) 465-2390 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like additional information or have any questions.