Active UW employees can receive W-2 and1095-C forms via electronic-only distribution. The W-2 form includes compensation and tax withholding for the previous calendar year. The 1095-C form documents that an employee who worked full-time for all or some months in the previous year was offered health insurance.
Electronic forms are available earlier than mailed paper forms. Electronic delivery is environmentally friendly and secure with less risk of lost or stolen forms.
Choose Electronic-only Distribution by January 18, 2021
- Log into the MyUW portal.
- On the Payroll Information tile select Tax Statements.
- On the Tax Statements page, choose Consent to receive W-2 electronically and/or Consent to receive 1095-C electronically. Complete two separate consent forms by JANUARY 18, 2021 to choose electronic distribution of the W-2 and 1095-C form.
- Check the I Consent checkbox.
- Choose the Submit button.
- You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours. An email will be sent to you by January 31 alerting you to the electronic availability of your forms.
- You may withdraw consent at any time using the directions above and choosing the Check here to withdraw your consent checkbox. You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours.
- Consent will cease if you terminate employment.
If you do not complete the consent forms, your W-2 and 1095-C forms will be sent to your mailing address in the MyUW portal.
Note: These consent options do not apply to the 1042-S form. 1042-S forms are available electronically in the Glacier Online Tax Compliance System for employees who choose electronic delivery through that system.
If you have any questions regarding choosing electronic-only distribution of your W-2 and 1095-C forms, contact us at email@example.com.
Source: UW-Shared Services