The UW-Green Bay Council on Equity, Diversity, and Inclusive Excellence, and the Office of the Provost, wish to share an opportunity to attend SpeakOut’s Summer Institute, a virtual institute on building equity and social justice education to create inclusive learning environments on campus and online. As people nationwide demand systemic change, and as campuses adapt to the impact of the pandemic, UW-Green Bay asks how those of us working in the arena of higher education can transform our institutions and learning environments.
Monday, July 13, 2020, 12pm – 3:00pm (CT)
Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 12pm – 2:30pm (CT)
Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 12pm – 2:30pm (CT)
Thursday, July 16, 2020, 12pm – 2:30pm (CT)
What You’ll Learn:
• Pedagogy/Theory: Education for wholeness, social justice, and liberation
• Capacity-Building: Faculty and staff development that strengthens leadership and sustainability
• Equity in a Digital Age: Tools for inclusive and accessible online learning
• Institutional Strategies: How to implement equitable education and social change
• Intercultural Frameworks: Culturally-responsive models and ideas that foster rich, meaningful dialogue and collaboration
• Student Development: Provide student access to knowledge that transforms their sense of self and what they can do in the world
This opportunity is open to all UW-Green Bay faculty and staff. We want to support a broad representation of all areas within the university.
To learn more visit: SpeakOut Summer Institute
UW-Green Bay Council on Equity, Diversity, and Inclusive Excellence and the Office of the Provost wish to send a large, representative group of staff and faculty to the institute. We will follow up with all interested employees shortly after the survey closes. If you would like to be considered, please fill out the following Qualtrics survey.
Be sure to complete the sign-up form by 06-22-2020: Apply to attend SpeakOut’s Summer Institute
For additional questions, please contact the Provost Office at ProvostOff@uwgb.edu.