ETF is offering a series of 30-minute, live, interactive webinars designed to increase your understanding of Wisconsin Retirement System benefits. Individuals can also ask questions at the end of these sessions. Visit their webinar page to learn more about any of the following sessions.
Adding money to your WRS account, via additional contributions, can enhance your eventual WRS retirement benefit. Learn how contributions grow with effective rate interest crediting, how to deposit (payroll deduction or direct pay), and much more.
February 4, 2020 6:00pm-6:30pm
February 6, 2020 12:30pm- 1:00pm
February 10, 2020 10:30am- 11:00am
February 25, 2020 11:00am- 11:30am
Planning to retire in the next 1 – 10 years? Then this is for you. We’ll discuss:
- The money you and your employer have put towards your retirement account.
- How your retirement account grows through investments.
- When you can retire.
- Options for receiving your retirement benefit.
- Rules you must follow if you return to work after retiring.
- What happens to your account after you die.
- Changes to your health and life insurance in retirement.
Learn in a way that fits your schedule. Go to this public presentation in a city near you or attend a live webinar!
February 5, 2020 6:30pm- 8:30pm
February 20, 2020 9:00am- 11:00am
Death is never easy to talk about, but it’s important to know where your money is going. We’ll discuss:
- How to update your account so your loved ones may receive money after your death.
- Important times to make sure your account is up to date.
- What happens if you forget to update your account.
- How to check who you currently have on file.
February 6, 2020 11:00am- 11:30am
February 11, 2020 12:30pm- 1:00pm
February 17, 2020 6:00pm- 6:30pm
February 24, 2020 11:30am- 12:00pm
Do WRS accounts receive an investment return? Do investment returns affect how much a retiree will initially receive when they begin their pension? Do those retired in the WRS receive adjustments to their monthly pension amount over the years?
This webinar will cover the process of how account effective rates and annuity adjustments are calculated, starting with the investment return reported by the State of Wisconsin Investment Board. Also covered during the webinar will be explanations of both the Core and Variable Trust Funds and the calculations specific to each fund for effective rates and annual adjustments. At the end of this webinar, we hope you may have a better understanding of how the State of Wisconsin Investment Board investment returns affect your WRS pension.
February 7, 2020 11:00am- 11:30am
February 13, 2020 11:30am- 12:00pm
February 17, 2020 12:30pm- 1:00pm
February 27, 2020 6:00pm- 6:30pm
Are you new to the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)? In this webinar we’ll let you know what to expect. We’ll discuss:
- Who is in the WRS.
- What happens to the money you put in to the WRS.
- How to become vested in the WRS.
February 7, 2020 12:30pm- 1:00pm
February 12, 2020 11:00am- 11:30am
February 20, 2020 6:00pm- 6:30pm
February 27, 2020 12:00pm- 12:30pm