The University of Wisconsin (UW) is embarking on a complete redesign of its current classification and compensation structure. The goal of the Title & Total Compensation Project will be to develop new systems that will enable institutions to continue to attract and retain the best talent.
Recent UW System Updates:
- The Advisory Council for the TTC Project transitioned to system-wide Joint Governance, effective March 1, 2019. The reconfiguration of the Advisory Council incorporates representation from all UW stakeholder institutions, which supports the project goals of (1) enhancing communication; (2) broadening outreach efforts; (3) better supporting institution’s project teams; (4) deepening interest in and awareness of the project by UW employees; and (5) providing change management leadership for institutions and employees.
- Collaborative Standard Job Description Review and Revision Teams started their work on Tuesday, March 26th. The success of the HR Pilot Review Team earlier this month helped shape the structure and content of the kick-off training and working meeting. Review teams made up of two UW System and two UW-Madison members will work together to process all of the feedback received from the previous round of Subject Matter Expert review.
- Revised DRAFT Standard Job Descriptions will be posted online in late (calendar year) Quarter Three. As part of an implementation strategy focused around employee engagement, the Project Team will post the revised DRAFT Standard Job Descriptions online. The details of this engagement strategy and socialization process are currently in progress.
In the Queue:
- Review and Revision of DRAFT Standard Job Descriptions, estimated completion: June 2019 (Q2)
- Summary of Results for the Employee Benefits Preferences Survey, estimated completion: September 2019 (Q3)
- Benefits Valuation Analysis, estimated completion: September 2019 (Q3)
- Revised DRAFT Standard Job Descriptions Posted, estimated completion: September 2019 (Q3)
For up-to-date information about the Title & Total Compensation Project, please see the UW System Title & Total Compensation Project website. Answers to frequently asked questions can be found on the UW System FAQ page.
UW-Green Bay Updates:
- UW-Green Bay HR has reached out to leaders in the Library and Athletics to identify subject matter experts from those UWGB departments who will be a part of SJD revision teams.
- UW-Green Bay has an institutional T&TC project team, whose goal is to engage with subject matter experts and stakeholders. Feedback and information about T&TC flows to and from the project team. A listing of members of the UW-Green Bay institutional T&TC project team can be found here.
- The Office of Human Resources and Workforce Diversity keeps employees informed on project updates through their weekly HR Connect newsletter and HR Connect blog as well as presenting T&TC updates at monthly governance meetings.
- The next T&TC open forums will likely be scheduled in early fall. Please watch the HR Connect newsletter and HR Connect blog for updates.