Fresh sage and rosemary impart a different flavor to grilled chicken. Tomato halves and corn on the cob can grill along with the chicken.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 4 ounces each)
- 6 lemon slices, cut in half (optional)
- Fresh sage leaves (optional)
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary or 1 tsp. dried, crushed
- 2 or 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. black peppercorns, cracked
- ½ tsp. salt
In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the marinade ingredients.
Discard all the visible fat from the chicken. Put the chicken with the smooth side up between two sheets of plastic wrap. Using a tortilla press, the smooth side of a meat mallet, or a rolling pin, lightly flatten the chicken to a thickness of ¼ inch, being careful not to tear the meat. Add to the marinade. Seal the bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to eight hours, turning occasionally. Discard the marinade.
Preheat the grill on medium-high.
Grill the chicken for 6 to 7 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in the center.
To serve, garnish with the lemon slices and sage leaves.
Makes 6 servings
Each serving provides: calories 125, total fat 1.5 g, cholesterol 66 mg, sodium 268 mg, carbohydrates 0 g, fiber 0 g, sugar 0 g, protein 26g.
Recipe from the StayWell Company, LLC.