ETF is offering a series of 30-minute, live, interactive webinars designed to increase your understanding of Wisconsin Retirement System benefits. Individuals can also ask questions at the end of these sessions. Visit our webinar page to learn more about any of the following sessions. Here is what others have said about our webinars:
“My participation in the webinar was a first for me, and I just want to compliment you on how easy it was to connect, follow along, and provide questions or requests. Excellent job!”
“Thanks for having these valuable webinars. The professional but conversational style helped me to understand the presentation as easily as an “in office” meeting. Really appreciate that the presenter fully understands the subject. Wonderful job.”
Newly Retired? What to Expect
The Newly Retired Webinar provides basic information for Wisconsin Retirement System members who have recently entered or are soon to enter retirement status. Topics include initial (“estimated”) retirement annuity payments, “finalized” payments and adjustments, post-retirement life and health insurance, and return to work rules under the WRS.
- Tue, Mar 5, 2019 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Thu, Mar 14, 2019 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Thu, Mar 21, 2019 12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Wed, Mar 27, 2019 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Retirement Annuity Options
This webinar will help to increase your understanding of the WRS annuity options available to you at retirement. We will also explain the difference between a beneficiary and a named survivor.
- Mon, Mar 4, 2019 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Fri, Mar 8, 2019 12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Wed, Mar 13, 2019 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Thu, Mar 21, 2019 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
WRS Retirement Benefit Calculation Methods
This webinar will explain the methods used for benefit calculations and the components of each method. Anyone who has requested or is planning to request an estimate will have a better understanding of how that amount was calculated.
- Fri, Mar 1, 2019 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Tue, Mar 5, 2019 12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Tue, Mar 12, 2019 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Thu, Mar 28, 2019 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.
WRS Benefits: For New and Mid-Career Employees
This one-hour webinar is for employees who are five years – or more – from retirement. The information presented will help you make sound, strategic decisions over the course of your career. Topics include vesting, ways to enhance a WRS retirement benefit, purchasing service, military service credit, the Core and Variable Trust Funds, contribution rates, the importance of a beneficiary form and how to complete one, and how “life event” changes affect retirement benefits.
- Fri, Mar 8, 2019 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Wed, Mar 13, 2019 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Thu, Mar 14, 2019 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Wed, Mar 20, 2019 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
WRS Annuity Adjustments and Effective Rates
Do WRS accounts receive an investment return? Do investment returns affect how much a retiree will initially receive when they begin their pension? Do those retired in the WRS receive adjustments to their monthly pension amount over the years? This webinar will cover the process of how account effective rates and annuity adjustments are calculated, starting with the investment return reported by the State of Wisconsin Investment Board. Also covered during the webinar will be explanations of both the Core and Variable Trust Funds and the calculations specific to each fund for effective rates and annual adjustments. At the end of this webinar, it is hoped that you will have a better grasp on how State of Wisconsin Investment Board investment returns affect your WRS pension.
- Wed, Mar 6, 2019 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Mon, Mar 11, 2019 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Thu, Mar 21, 2019 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Tue, Mar 26, 2019 12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Mon, Apr 1, 2019 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Fri, Apr 5, 2019 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Tue, Apr 9, 2019 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Tue, Apr 23, 2019 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Please contact Human Resources at (920) 465-2390 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.