The University of Wisconsin (UW) is embarking on a complete redesign of its current classification and compensation structure. The goal of the Title & Total Compensation Project will be to develop new systems that will enable institutions to continue to attract and retain the best talent.
Recent UW System Updates:
- The Advisory Council for the TTC Project transitioned to system-wide Joint Governance, effective March 1, 2019. The reconfiguration of the Advisory Council incorporates representation from all UW stakeholder institutions, which supports the project goals of (1) enhancing communication; (2) broadening outreach efforts; (3) better supporting institution’s project teams; (4) deepening interest in and awareness of the project by UW employees; and (5) providing change management leadership for institutions and employees.
- UW-Madison and UW System Administration drafted a strategic communication plan that will structure outreach and communication efforts. The plan identifies target audiences and specifies communication goals, objectives, and tactics aimed at increasing awareness and understanding of the TTC project among all employees.
- During the months of December, 2018 through February, 2019, Subject Matter Experts at the institutions reviewed drafted Standard Job Descriptions and provided initial feedback. A methodology has been developed to aggregate, prioritize, and incorporate Subject Matter Expert (SME) feedback for Standard Job Descriptions (SJDs). SJD revision teams will use quantitative Likert scale and qualitative written feedback to revise SJDs. All feedback will be reviewed and considered. Trainings for the revision teams and an updated timeline for this review and revision process are in development.
For up-to-date information about the Title & Total Compensation Project, please see the UW System Title & Total Compensation Project website. Answers to frequently asked questions can be found on the UW System FAQ page.
UW-Green Bay Updates:
- UW-Green Bay has an institutional T&TC project team, whose goal is to engage with subject matter experts and stakeholders. Feedback and information about T&TC flows to and from the project team. A listing of members of the UW-Green Bay institutional T&TC project team can be found here.
- The Office of Human Resources and Workforce Diversity keeps employees informed on project updates through their weekly HR Connect newsletter and HR Connect blog as well as presenting T&TC updates at monthly governance meetings.
- The next T&TC open forums will likely be scheduled in late spring. Please watch the HR Connect newsletter and HR Connect blog for updates.