- 1 cup gluten-free oat bran
- 1 cup powdered nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons artificial sweetener brown sugar blend
- 3 large eggs, beaten (alternative: egg whites or egg substitute)
- 1/2 cup applesauce, no sugar added
- 1 cup grated carrots (about 2 large or 3 small)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 12 paper muffin cup liners or cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a 12-muffin tin by inserting paper liners or spraying lightly with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix oat bran, powdered milk, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and artificial sweetener.
- Add eggs and applesauce and mix well.
- Stir in grated carrots and raisins.
- Divide batter among 12 muffin cups. Bake 20 minutes.
- Cool on a rack. Store in an airtight container. Leftover muffins can be frozen.
Makes 12 muffins
Each muffin contains about 109 calories, 6 g protein, 2 g fat, 60 mg cholesterol, 17 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, and 201 mg sodium.
Recipe from the StayWell Company, LLC.