You don’t have to tell anyone these are homemade, healthy (gulp!) granola bars.
Just let your guests enjoy the chewiness of the oats and dense chocolate flavor from the highest-quality dark chocolate you can find.
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup fat-free yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- 1/2 cup artificial sweetener brown sugar blend
- 1-1/2 cups gluten-free quick oats
- 2 tablespoons milled flaxseed
- 1/4 cup bittersweet chocolate chips or bittersweet baking bar broken into small chunks
- Cooking spray
Whisk egg with yogurt and brown sugar. Blend in oats and flaxseed. Add chocolate chips. Spread mixture in an 8-inch-square pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Cut into bars.
Makes 12 bars
Each bar contains about 125 calories, 4 g protein, 3 g fat, 18 mg cholesterol, 20 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, and 12 mg sodium.
To make this recipe gluten-free, use only quick oats that are certified gluten-free. Read food labels of ingredients carefully and contact the company if you have any questions.
This recipe is gout-friendly because it contains food moderate in purines. You should limit the amount of oatmeal you eat to less than 2/3 of a cup (uncooked) per day.
Recipe from the StayWell Company, LLC.