ETF is offering a series of 30-minute, live, interactive webinars designed to increase your understanding of Wisconsin Retirement System benefits. Individuals can also ask questions at the end of these sessions. Visit the ETF webinar page to learn more about any of the following sessions.
Find out how making additional contributions to your WRS account can potentially increase your retirement. This webinar also provides examples of how contributions grow over time with interest, how to pay additional contributions (payroll deduction or direct pay), etc.
- Wed, Feb 6, 2019 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Tue, Feb 12, 2019 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Mon, Feb 18, 2019 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Thu, Feb 28, 2019 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Beneficiary Designations – What Happens to My Account When I Die?
Do you have a beneficiary designation on file with ETF and does it reflect how you would want your WRS death benefits paid? This webinar reviews the importance of having a beneficiary designation on file and keeping it updated as life events occur. We will also review how to correctly complete a designation form, what it means if you do not have one on file with ETF, and how to request a copy of your current form.
- Mon, Feb 4, 2019 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Thu, Feb 14, 2019 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Mon, Feb 18, 2019 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Thu, Feb 28, 2019 12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Overview of the Wisconsin Retirement System
This webinar will cover participation in the Wisconsin Retirement System, how the WRS is funded and what benefits are available under the WRS. A brief overview of the Core and Variable Trust Funds and how the WRS is structured are included.
- Thu, Feb 7, 2019 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Wed, Feb 13, 2019 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Tue, Feb 19, 2019 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Mon, Feb 25, 2019 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.
WRS Annuity Adjustments and Effective Rates
Do WRS accounts receive an investment return? Do investment returns affect how much a retiree will initially receive when they begin their pension? Do those retired in the WRS receive adjustments to their monthly pension amount over the years? This webinar will cover the process of how account effective rates and annuity adjustments are calculated, starting with the investment return reported by the State of Wisconsin Investment Board. Also covered during the webinar will be explanations of both the Core and Variable Trust Funds and the calculations specific to each fund for effective rates and annual adjustments. At the end of this webinar, it is hoped that you will have a better grasp on how State of Wisconsin Investment Board investment returns affect your WRS pension.
- Tue, Feb 5, 2019 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Wed, Feb 13, 2019 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Thu, Feb 21, 2019 12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Tue, Feb 26, 2019 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Please contact Human Resources at (920) 465-2390 or email@example.com with any questions.