- 1 cup powdered nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 cups cold water
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium chicken bouillon powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 cups fresh broccoli or 1 10-ounce package frozen broccoli, chopped
Dissolve powdered milk and cornstarch in cold water. Add bouillon powder, basil, onion, and broccoli. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer till broccoli and onion are soft, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Each 1-cup serving contains approximately 84 calories, 17 g carbohydrates, 5 g protein, less than 1 g fat, 82 mg sodium, and 2 g fiber.
To make this recipe gluten-free, use only spices or condiments that are gluten-free. Read food labels carefully and contact the company if you have any questions.
Recipe from the StayWell Company, LLC