- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 stick trans-fat-free margarine, softened
- 1 cup artificial sweetener
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt chocolate in small bowl in microwave oven on high for 1 minute. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with artificial sweetener.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Stir in melted chocolate, then flour and baking soda.
- Add chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake about 8 minutes. Bottom will be firm. Cool on a wire rack.
Each cookie kiss contains about 65 calories, 1 g protein, 5 g fat (if made with butter), 13 mg cholesterol, 4 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, and 29 mg sodium.
This recipe is gout-friendly because it contains food moderate in purines. You should limit the amount of bran and wheat germ you eat to 2 ounces per day.
Recipe from the StayWell Company, LLC