- 1 29-ounce can pure pumpkin (about 1-3/4 cups)
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs or 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2-1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray 6 baby loaf pans (about 6 inches long) with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, use a whisk to combine pumpkin, sugar, eggs, and vegetable oil.
- Add dry ingredients, stirring until everything is combined. Stir in nuts and cranberries.
- Bake at 325°F for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- This is a very moist quick bread. Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove to rack and let cool completely before wrapping.
Serves 4 (per loaf)
Each serving contains about 165 calories, 2 g protein, 6 g fat, 27 mg cholesterol, 24 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, and 130 mg sodium.
Recipe from the StayWell Company, LLC