The Annual Benefits Enrollment (ABE) period, October 1 – 26, is the only annual opportunity you have to make changes to most of your benefits unless you have an eligible life event (family status or employment change) during the year. Changes made during ABE are effective January 1, 2019.
Watch for emails regarding benefits changes and your enrollment opportunities. The emails will be sent beginning in mid-September from the address: UWSystemHR@uwsa.edu. You will also receive benefits-related emails from our office before and during ABE.
There are several things you can do now to prepare for ABE:
- Review your current benefits and visit the ABE website (wisconsin.edu/abe) for a preview of 2019 benefits changes.
- Plan to attend your Benefits Fair on Tuesday, October 9 from 11:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at UW-Green Bay University Union Phoenix room to meet with health plan representatives and other benefits vendors. For a list of fairs throughout the UW System, see: UW System Benefits Fairs.
- Plan ahead if you currently participate in a plan that requires re-enrollment each year to continue participation. Plans include:
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) including Health Care FSA, Dependent Day Care FSA and Limited Purpose FSA
- Health Savings Account (HSA) requires that you enroll every year you are enrolled in a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)
- State Group Health Insurance Opt-Out Incentive
- Talk to ALEX, an online personalized benefits counselor designed to simplify your ABE benefits election process. Through a series of easy, intuitive questions, ALEX will walk you through benefits options and suggest appropriate plans based on your answers. You can access ALEX here: http://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/alex.
Stop in to a Benefit Open Lab to have your Annual Benefit Enrollment (October 1 – 26) questions answered or to get help with your eBenefits online election process from one of our Benefits Specialists.
UW-Green Bay Open Labs: Instructional Services building, Room 1004
- Thursday, October 4: 1:00 – 2:00 pm
- Thursday, October 11: 8:00 – 9:00 am
- Wednesday, October 17: 10:00 – 11:00 am
- Monday, October 22: 9:00 – 10:00 am
- Thursday, October 25: 2:00 – 4:00 pm
- Friday, October 26: 9:00 – 11:00 am
UW-Green Bay, Manitowoc Campus Open Labs:
- Wednesday, October 3: 9:00 – 11:00 am, Room F201
- Thursday, October 18: 1:00 – 3:00 pm, Room F139
UW-Green Bay, Marinette Campus Open Labs:
- Thursday, October 4: 9:00 – 11:00 am, Room L-121
- Wednesday, October 24: 1:00 – 3:00 pm, Room L-121
UW-Green Bay, Sheboygan Campus Open Labs:
- Wednesday, October 3: 1:00 – 3:00 pm, Room 3103
- Thursday, October 18: 9:00 – 11:00 am, Room 1207
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (920) 465-2390.