- 1 19-ounce can chickpeas (also called garbanzo beans)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 cucumber
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- Juice of 1 large lemon (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and put in a large mixing bowl.
- Core red pepper and dice into half-inch squares. Add to bowl.
- Peel and chop cucumber; slice celery lengthwise and chop. Add to bowl. Add halved grape tomatoes.
- In a measuring cup or small bowl, whisk lemon juice, vinegar, and olive oil. Pour over salad ingredients.
- Toss well to coat all ingredients.
- Add parsley and mix again.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Season to taste.
Serves 6 (Gluten-free)
Each serving contains about 142 calories, 4 g protein, 6 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 18 g carbohydrates, 5 g fiber, and 208 mg sodium.
Recipe from the StayWell Company, LLC