There’s nothing like a summer barbecue with family and friends to celebrate the season!
For a quick, easy, and healthy meal, add a green salad and fresh corn on the cob and you’re good to go.
- 3 large limes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, cleaned and chopped
- 16 large shrimp, uncooked, deveined
- 10 medium cherry tomatoes, rinsed and dried
- 10 small white-button mushrooms, wiped clean and stems removed
- In a glass measuring cup, squeeze limes, yielding ¼ cup of juice.
- Add the garlic, pepper, olive oil, and cilantro and stir.
- Place the shrimp in a medium bowl and pour the cilantro lime marinade over the shrimp.
- Let the shrimp marinate for 10 to 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Alternate cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, and shrimp on 4 skewers.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Grill the skewers for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until the shrimp are just cooked through.
Makes 2 servings
Each serving contains 160 calories, 6 g fat, 85 mg cholesterol, 95 mg sodium, and 17 g carbohydrates.
Recipe from the StayWell Company, LLC