There’s no point in eating all those healthy leafy greens if you douse them in a high-fat, high-calorie salad dressing. You can shop for healthier dressing at the grocery store. Or better yet, try making your own today! We’ve got you covered with this recipe.
Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- 1 bulb garlic, separated and peeled
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Place the garlic cloves into a small saucepan and pour enough water (about ½ cup) to cover them.
- Bring water to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until garlic is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Reduce the liquid to 2 tablespoons and increase the heat for three minutes.
- Pour the contents into a small sieve over a bowl, and with a wooden spoon, mash the garlic through the sieve into the bowl.
- Whisk the vinegar into the garlic mixture; incorporate the oil and seasoning.
Serves four. Each serving contains about 33 calories, 3 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrates, 0 g fiber, and 0 g protein.
Recipe from the StayWell Company, LLC