ETF is offering a series of 30-minute, live, interactive webinars designed to increase your understanding of Wisconsin Retirement System benefits. Individuals can also ask questions at the end of sessions.
Additional Contributions: Find out how making additional contributions to your WRS account can potentially increase your retirement. This webinar also provides examples of how contributions grow over time with interest, how to pay additional contributions (payroll deduction or direct pay), etc.
- Wed, May 3, 2017 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Mon, May 15, 2017 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Wed, May 24, 2017 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Wed, May 31, 2017 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Returing to Work After Retirement: Whether retired or planning to retire, do you need information about what happens if you decide to work again? This webinar is for you. 2013 Act 20, which was effective July 2, 2013, made some important changes to laws that affect retired WRS members planning to return to work. This webinar covers the old law as well as the changes provided by Act 20.
- Wed, May 10, 2017 12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Thu, May 18, 2017 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Tue, May 23, 2017 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Thu, May 25, 2017 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Understanding Your Annual WRS Statement of Benefits: Join ETF as they review key things you can find out about your WRS benefits, simply just by reading and understanding your WRS annual Statement of Benefits. Some topics we will review include:
- How much you and your employer have contributed to your WRS pension
- Your vesting status and years of service
- Your beneficiary designation – what happens to your account if you die before taking a benefit
Tip: Have your statement in hand while attending this webinar.
- Tue, May 2, 2017 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Tue, May 16, 2017 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Thu, May 18, 2017 12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Mon, May 22, 2017 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
WRS Annuity Adjustments and Effective Rates: Do WRS accounts receive an investment return? Do investment returns affect how much a retiree will initially receive when they begin their pension? Do those retired in the WRS receive adjustments to their monthly pension amount over the years? This webinar will cover the process of how account effective rates and annuity adjustments are calculated, starting with the investment return reported by the State of Wisconsin Investment Board. Also covered during the webinar will be explanations of both the Core and Variable Trust Funds and the calculations specific to each fund for effective rates and annual adjustments. At the end of this webinar, it is hoped that you will have a better grasp on how State of Wisconsin Investment Board investment returns affect your WRS pension.
- Tue, May 9, 2017 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Tue, May 16, 2017 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Thu, May 25, 2017 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Please contact Human Resources at (920) 465-2390 or email@example.com with any questions.