Did you know stress rates have skyrocketed in the past six to seven years, a timeline that roughtly corresponds to our ability to “hyperconnect” to work via smartphones?* Being mindful in our daily routine can help us reduce stress, lower blood pressure, and control anxiety. When we practice mindfulness at work, we think more clearly. We respond rather than react. We take events less personally. We make better decisions. In short, our brains slow down. We reduce our stress levels while simultaneously increasing our effectiveness.
“Relaxation” – this was a suggestion from a UWGB employee for what topic the Wellness Committee should focus on next. Two-time NFL MVP and Green Bay Packers Quarterback Aaron Rodgers knows the importance of relaxing and being mindful. Practicing mindfulness can improve many aspects of your daily life, and implementing mindful practices in your routine might be easier than you think!
To promote a culture of well-being and help us be more mindful at work, the following meditation and Tai Chi classes will be offered to UWGB employees this spring! A big THANK YOU to the Department of Employee Trust Funds (ETF) for their wellness grant to UWGB to fund the entire cost of these classes, so there is no charge to employees to attend! Another big THANK YOU to the Richard Mauthe Center for co-sponsoring these classes! All classes will be held at 12:00 to 12:45 p.m. in the Mauthe Center.
- Monday, March 13th – Meditation with Aguas Buenas Botanicas
- Monday, March 20th – Meditation with Aguas Buenas Botanicas
- Monday, March 27th – Meditation with Aguas Buenas Botanicas
- Monday, April 3rd – Meditation with Aguas Buenas Botanicas
- Friday, April 7th – Meditation with Instructor, Reed Hardy
- Friday, April 14th – Meditation with Instructor, Reed Hardy
- Friday, April 21st – Meditation with Instructor, Reed Hardy
- Friday, April 28th – Meditation with Instructor, Reed Hardy
Please click on this link to register for the classes: http://uwgreenbay.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_1RDH7wyV8TIaahL
Did you miss the first class or forgot to register? No problem! Just show up and join us!
Tai Chi classes are available as well! Please click on this link for more information: http://blog.uwgb.edu/hr/2017/04/mindfullness-challenge-tai-chi-classes/
We all have stress in our lives. Regardless of the cause, your body’s reaction to stress can make you more likely to get sick. So finding ways to de-stress is important to your health. Mindfulness can be the key to slowing down and enjoying the moment. Please consider taking advantage of this great opportunity!
* Quote from Scott Eblin, Author of the book Overworked and Overwhelmed: The Mindfulness Alternative