A New Beginning

A New Beginning

This past semester was my first semester at UWGB. Also it was the beginning of my college life. This is special for me because this is the first ti

me I am studying far away from home. It’s all new for me, combining excitement and worries during this semester. However, I am glad to tackle these challenges and overcome difficulties by myself, which helps me to grow as a better person. For example, the biggest struggle I’ve faced in moving away from home to the United States is the ability to take care of myself. In the past 18 years, I lived with my family, so I only needed to focus on my studies. Although I have no experience in housework, cooking, and looking after myself, I manage to do it. Over the course of this semester. I made great progress with cooking and more importantly I have become more independent.

In general, I am satisfied with my working habits. But there are still some bad habits need to be corrected. With my mother no longer urging me to arrive at school on time, I often late for morning’s class. The reason I can’t get up in the morning is that I stay up late at night which means I delayed my assignments until the end of day. However, this habit it is not only bad for

my health, also it affects my learning efficiency. At the same time, if I am late for class, it will influence class atmosphere and make teachers feel disrespected. Additionally, when the professor no longer reminds me to hand in my homework over and over again, I sometimes miss due dates. Obviously, I need to get rid of my procrastination and learn to properly manage my time. In addition to improving some skills, developing good working habits will be of great help to my future study and career. Although I still have a lot of room for improvement, the good news is that I have changed a lot since I became aware of these problems. I hope I can be better in the future.               from xiaohongshu.com