Late Nights, Tired Mornings

One of my biggest college stressors has been a couple of classes I took.  The first class that stressed me out was World Civilizations. In high school, history classes were always a little more difficult for me. I find history interesting, but I struggle to remember all the details when it comes time to take a test. The worst part about it was we never got a study guide so I never truly knew what little details from the chapter would be included on the test. This carried on into college as I struggled with the same issue in World Civilizations. Another class I had a hard time with was Weather and Climate. While I said earlier that I always struggled with history, take science and double that. Science was without a doubt my worst subject in high school. I spent many late, stressful nights studying for this course hoping to get at least a C on my test. I took Weather and Climate to fulfill a gen ed and I can gladly say I no longer have to worry about my science gen ed.

savelogitechsqueezebox

Another college stressor I’ve dealt with is time management. I am a top-tier procrastinator so whenever there is an assignment that is not due until Sunday at 11:59, I wait until then. I tell my parents I do this because I work better in a time crunch, but the truth is I just rather put it off. Another time management issue I have is how badly my sleep schedule affects everything I do. I am a bit of a night owl, which is bad news for the days I must get up for class early. This causes my time in between classes (the perfect time to do homework) to be filled with naps. Then after my final class, I go to work leaving me to do homework at night. This causes even later nights as I like to have time to myself after I am done with homework. Somehow, I need to morph myself into a morning person and all my problems will be solved.